Bill Wetzel warning

Rate this topic

turkaholic

9 mins ago, AckStriperGuyDD said:

I agree.  Do it after hours so no one can see it.  Shoot the seals and leave them for the sharks and other life to feed on.

I’d love for someone to do that, get caught, brought up and charges and get thrown in jail for several years. 

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

41 mins ago, AckStriperGuyDD said:

Why would anyone get thrown in jail if it's a hunt?

Good luck getting the marine mammal protection act eliminated. 

A bunch of whiney bass anglers calling for a seal cull? Thats not gonna happen. 

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 2:46 PM, Drew C. said:

Good luck getting the marine mammal protection act eliminated. 

A bunch of whiney bass anglers calling for a seal cull? Thats not gonna happen. 

Are we forgetting the great Deer Cull a few years back on LI because the east end complained so much about deer eating their expensive landscaping and "causing traffic accidents" meanwhile they kept developing in more and more areas, further pushing the deer into more urban areas?

2 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Are we forgetting the great Deer Cull a few years back on LI because the east end complained so much about deer eating their expensive landscaping and "causing traffic accidents" meanwhile they kept developing in more and more areas, further pushing the deer into more urban areas?

So, what are you saying? Should the LI deer cull be continued or eliminated?

We fish a lot on the North and South shores of LI, traveling down community roads leading to the beaches. This time of year, we've noticed homeowners have shrouded their deer-loving shrubs in burlap to prevent their devouring all the greens on the shrubs. Does this look nice? Nope. They've spend so much cash on landscaping and in fall, the deer just graze on their lawns and devour their shrubs. We've seen it in early morning hours. Not to mention how many deer we've just missed driving out there in the "first light" when the plentiful deer just meander across roads w/o a care in the world about being hit. This is why the residents might vote for a deer cull worrying about automobile damage to their cars while driving.

If I lived there, I would certainly vote for a deer cull. 

5 mins ago, flysully said:

So, what are you saying? Should the LI deer cull be continued or eliminated?

We fish a lot on the North and South shores of LI, traveling down community roads leading to the beaches. This time of year, we've noticed homeowners have shrouded their deer-loving shrubs in burlap to prevent their devouring all the greens on the shrubs. Does this look nice? Nope. They've spend so much cash on landscaping and in fall, the deer just graze on their lawns and devour their shrubs. We've seen it in early morning hours. Not to mention how many deer we've just missed driving out there in the "first light" when the plentiful deer just meander across roads w/o a care in the world about being hit. This is why the residents might vote for a deer cull worrying about automobile damage to their cars while driving.

If I lived there, I would certainly vote for a deer cull. 

Same thing will happen when one of those folks gets eaten by a great white. Hopefully a seal cull ensues.  

3 hours ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Yeah or the spread Lyme disease.  That cull never happened - just like a seal cull will never ever happen in a million years.