turkaholic

Bill Wetzel warning

Rate this topic

172 posts in this topic

9 mins ago, carangua said:

Fishing and wading in shark territory, more so white shark, has an additional thrill, keeps your senses open while venturing in the wash, we are both seeking for the catch.  

And if it so happens that a great white grabs the fish I am reeling inn, then i'l be more than happy to let him

take it and feel him on the other end of my line. Amazing predators. 

The thrill factor rapidly changes when those jaws clamp down on human flesh.

28 mins ago, Mike Oliver said:

I agree with you, but no risk no glory, and I certainly hope that this wont happen to you...or me :th:

34 mins ago, Mike Oliver said:

Clamping begins when they reach bone. Many times, there's no need to clamp when it's a clean cut. :eek:

I'd be surprised if this dissuades anyone from continuing to do what they've done for years out there.

34 mins ago, carangua said:

I agree with you, but no risk no glory, and I certainly hope that this wont happen to you...or me :th:

carrangua,

I am the pot calling the kettle black. Must admit I take my share of risk.

We never know for sure how close we might have gotten to a serious incident when in the depths of night and wading . Best not to I guess.

Share the same sentiment  and hope neither of us or anyone else gets bitten or worse.

Hand shake from me. I can’t find the image. LOL.

Cheers

Mike

29 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

Clamping begins when they reach bone. Many times, there's no need to clamp when it's a clean cut. :eek:

I'd be surprised if this dissuades anyone from continuing to do what they've done for years out there.

Hell that sound horrific.

I think your right. If I ever get back to Montauk if the Stripers do then I will be in my old wet suit on a rock. Getting too long in the tooth for free swimming.

Just got back from Cape Cod and no way could I go into the water on the Backside Beaches anymore day or night. GW are in CCB to so even the flats at night are going to have an edge as we fish waist deep plus some and come back on the incoming same wading depth in the dark. It plays on your mind..

Mike

After watching huge hammerheads swimming between people and the beach while I watched from the pier, I have curtailed my desire to wade deeply. The world record Tiger shark was caught from a Myrtle Beach pier years ago. The fact of not being at the top of the food chain worries me. 

It's always a risk while wadding in water, but GW's are more of an ambush from below predator.

Not saying they can't or don't feed in shallow water but it's more likely in deeper water. Still freaks me out though.

8 mins ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

It's always a risk while wadding in water, but GW's are more of an ambush from below predator.

Not saying they can't or don't feed in shallow water but it's more likely in deeper water. Still freaks me out though.

You might be watching too much natgeo. One of the ‘experts’ on the cape sharks was discussing how they’re more likely attack horizontally due to the shallow water that is the environment up there. They work with what they have.