HugeDinghy

Checked my daughter into college

Rate this topic

147 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Kneel said:

Korman Suites. :scared: 

It took me a week to adjust to the silence of home without the gentle sounds of gunplay and sirens in the night air.

Lol. It was the same when,I moved out of north Philly to the,northeast. Too ****ing quiet around here with,no gunshots, and all the other associated noise of the neighborhood.

Just now, MikeMc said:

Lol. It was the same when,I moved out of north Philly to the,northeast. Too ****ing quiet around here with,no gunshots, and all the other associated noise of the neighborhood.

Baltimore had a pretty wild shooting last night. Saw the cellphone video on bookface this morning... hundreds of rounds exchanged between BCPD and the suspect... all I hear right now with the doors and windows open are crickets chirping :th:

Brian,  When my wife drove away with my oldest daughter to take her to school (upstate N.Y.) I was in tears, cried the whole way to work. Turns out she's the only one that came back to stay. Married a nice guy and they got together and created the most perfect granddaughter for me.

With a little luck, she'll settle close by to make it easier on you.

9 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I dropped my kid at college today and dodged at least three kumbaya circles. Maybe four. 

I did half decent. 

Sport a man bun for your next visit. Guaranteed success. 

26 mins ago, Stewie said:

Brian,  When my wife drove away with my oldest daughter to take her to school (upstate N.Y.) I was in tears, cried the whole way to work. Turns out she's the only one that came back to stay. Married a nice guy and they got together and created the most perfect granddaughter for me.

With a little luck, she'll settle close by to make it easier on you.

youve had Sunday dinner with my people. 

This thread puts things in perspective for me. Looking at the title I say I'm glad I'm not there yet. Seeing your age and then doing the math, I'm a lot closer than I think. 

Congrats man. Good luck to your daughter. 

15 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

When I was finished I Held it tougher enough for a picture and then left. 

Very mixed emotions. Feel bad for my other daughters as she’s such a good oldest. Like another parent. 

How much older than the others?  Your youngest and my oldest are the same I think.  40 minutes is nothing.  Too close imo.  George Mason was close to where I grew up.  Everyone who attended it never really embraced the college life.  Pretty much stayed with their HS friends smoking pot in the park down the street.  

9 hours ago, Terry Mac said:

Will has good determination and balance for a 2.5. 

Resized952019082995102159959127.jpg

First day of practice for my son and my last year coaching.  Already have one kid I can't stand.

9 hours ago, chessie_yaker said:

Baltimore had a pretty wild shooting last night. Saw the cellphone video on bookface this morning... hundreds of rounds exchanged between BCPD and the suspect... all I hear right now with the doors and windows open are crickets chirping :th:

I can here them where I live now (crickets, not guns shots) but can also hear the hum of traffic on the freeway nearby with the windows open. Still beats gunshots.