Fluid film

Fergal

12 hours ago, Drew C. said:

Anyone use it on a beach vehicle? If so does it collect sand ? I’m considering using it on my truck. 

Im doing rust repair/undercoating on my Jeep now. If it is sticky at all im sure sand will stick to it. If it works great, thats all well and good.  Problem with that to me is, if you have to wrench on it at all, you are now dealing with a mess. Im going the route of removing the rust, and using an encapsulator on the rust, and sealing it with monstaliner on top of it. 

37 mins ago, lobes said:

I use and clean with lawn sprinkler technique so far so good on my 18 wrangler 

He is trying to prevent rust. I cant see how this can be any good for the jeep at all. Sand holds moisture. Think about that for a sec. Now maybe most of it rattles out on the way home. But no way in hell is it coming out of the unibody or crevices under that jeep. Soaking that sand over and over is just helping the problem. Maybe not right now since yours is an 18, but jeep did a piss poor job of painting behind panels and stuff on mine. I wouldnt expect that to have changed. 

1 hour ago, toyota said:

I use it on my bike and shocks for my truck.   Sand will not stick to it as long as you properly apply it 

I would probably have it done. Seems easy enough, also seems like it’s messy. 

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

Just had my vehicle coated ( inside and out) today with Waxoyl ... has been around for several years  in Europe and it has good reviews even on vehicles with some rust.  I use Fluid Film as a lubricant for yard equipment and some tackle but I don't believe it is a long term solution to rust prevention coating. I think it would be messy for the driveway due to dripping. The one advantage is that you can apply it yourself.

Don't stop ... Retrieving ...

Fluid film is a joke. Washes off too easily.  Best way is to apply it and find a dusty road or trail and put a few miles on. The dust creates a nice barrier.  I have moved on to spray oil like chain lube for motorcycles or even air filter oil. Works 100 times better than fluid film.  Just spray everything and let the dust collect.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:40 AM, Corpslave said:

Fluid film is a joke. Washes off too easily.  Best way is to apply it and find a dusty road or trail and put a few miles on. The dust creates a nice barrier.  I have moved on to spray oil like chain lube for motorcycles or even air filter oil. Works 100 times better than fluid film.  Just spray everything and let the dust collect.

The fluid film I have been using is a THICK WAX LIKE substance that does not easily wash off, it stinks like hell though for a while. 

On 8/28/2019 at 9:18 PM, smellfish said:

Just had my vehicle coated ( inside and out) today with Waxoyl ... has been around for several years  in Europe and it has good reviews even on vehicles with some rust.  I use Fluid Film as a lubricant for yard equipment and some tackle but I don't believe it is a long term solution to rust prevention coating. I think it would be messy for the driveway due to dripping. The one advantage is that you can apply it yourself.

Did you coat a new or older vehicle?

What did they do to prep for the coating?

If you dont mind my curiosity, ballpark cost of the waxoyl ?

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2019 at 2:26 PM, riggler said:

Did you coat a new or older vehicle?

What did they do to prep for the coating?

If you dont mind my curiosity, ballpark cost of the waxoyl ?

Sorry for the long delay in response ... I did it on new vehicle with about 100 miles on it. No prep was required due to the cleanness of the vehicle? The cost was $725 for a Sequoia ... undercarriage and inside panels.

Don't stop ... Retrieving ...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just did my ride a couple months back with a product called Cosmoline RP. It dries hard after a week or so, and feels like you coated the undersiide with a candle. Does not rub off with finger pressure. So far, so good. Available in aerosol cans.

Jim C.
LIBBA - MSA - ASC
' You can tune a piano, but you can't Tuna fish"