Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robc22

Massachusetts Shellfish Initiative

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Any chance u can put it layman's terms..im just a simple man( lol )who enjoys fishing and digging what exactly do we need to do here for the digging continue to be enjoyable..ty

On 9/3/2019 at 11:32 AM, willcodfish said:

Any chance u can put it layman's terms..im just a simple man( lol )who enjoys fishing and digging what exactly do we need to do here for the digging continue to be enjoyable..ty

Just support the MSI.......We want the same as you.

Sorry to anyone that showed at the maritime last nite. The date was changed the last minute.

http://www.massshellfishinitiative.org/?fbclid=IwAR0wDdWky5awwfzK-U8VsRVSfEmZTjwzuduR85zTwY7xXTBaNB4jrziF3yo

5d7bb26b02415_MassShellfishInitiative-MassachusettsShellfishInitiative.png.9b243d07f7f86b8444b50afb97b3207b.png

Edited by robc22

31 mins ago, robc22 said:

Just support the MSI.......We want the same as you.

Sorry to anyone that showed at the maritime last nite. The date was changed the last minute.

http://www.massshellfishinitiative.org/?fbclid=IwAR0wDdWky5awwfzK-U8VsRVSfEmZTjwzuduR85zTwY7xXTBaNB4jrziF3yo

5d7bb26b02415_MassShellfishInitiative-MassachusettsShellfishInitiative.png.9b243d07f7f86b8444b50afb97b3207b.png

Very good ty for the post looks like it's worth attending

20 mins ago, bradW said:

So is this not the conspiracy theory a lot of folks down cape were thinking it was? Haven't seen much chatter about it recently. 

Conspiracy theory? I like conspiracy theories. :squid:

7 hours ago, bob_G said:

Conspiracy theory? I like conspiracy theories. :squid:

there was fear that local control would be lost through this plan. Lots of big dollars going into aquaculture worldwide these days and i think people have a right to be weary about that. however, i'm not educated enough on the topic or the thoughts of those against it to speak.

15 hours ago, bradW said:

there was fear that local control would be lost through this plan. Lots of big dollars going into aquaculture worldwide these days and i think people have a right to be weary about that. however, i'm not educated enough on the topic or the thoughts of those against it to speak.

Brad I believe you are referring to the Cutler bill. It's being pushed by the Massachusetts Aquaculture Association. It would allow a lease holder to sell/transfer his/her grant to about anyone Including corporate america and the towns get no say in it.. We really don't need big business taking all our bottom or such as this was explained to me.

Many see this as a serious threat to home rule.

MSI has nothing to do with that bill but Scott Soares, the MAA front man. is on a couple of MSI committees.

https://malegislature.gov/Bills/191/H746