bob_G

An observation

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Drove through Wareham center early this AM. Stopped in at the state funded fishing area behind the Narrows Restaurant. It was there I noticed a prominently displaced 2'x2' state sign stating a Ma saltwater license was required to fish here, and it showed a sample copy of the license.

I guess my question us, if the DMF can place that sign in a place that receives such limited use, why can't they put the same signs in several languages in high traffic areas along the canal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 mins ago, bob_G said:

Drove through Wareham center early this AM. Stopped in at the state funded fishing area behind the Narrows Restaurant. It was there I noticed a prominently displaced 2'x2' state sign stating a Ma saltwater license was required to fish here, and it showed a sample copy of the license.

I guess my question us, if the DMF can place that sign in a place that receives such limited use, why can't they put the same signs in several languages in high traffic areas along the canal?

Great question bob. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bob_G said:

Drove through Wareham center early this AM. Stopped in at the state funded fishing area behind the Narrows Restaurant. It was there I noticed a prominently displaced 2'x2' state sign stating a Ma saltwater license was required to fish here, and it showed a sample copy of the license.

I guess my question us, if the DMF can place that sign in a place that receives such limited use, why can't they put the same signs in several languages in high traffic areas along the canal?

There is one (there is one, the only one I think) at the east end, main land side at the Scusett parking lot...……………...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, b-ware said:

There is one (there is one, the only one I think) at the east end, main land side at the Scusett parking lot...……………...

Thanks Bernie, I didn't realize it. One sign for 14 miles of shoreline, that's sounds about right.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, speedwell said:

(Tongue in cheek) BG, how are they going to pay the brass if they waste money on signs and foot soldiers?

I didn't look at it that way. You could be right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't the saltwater license like 10 years old?

Maybe they figured the word was out by now.

 

I never saw a sign about freshwater license anywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, b-ware said:

There is one (there is one, the only one I think) at the east end, main land side at the Scusett parking lot...……………...

If this is the case, I’d suspect it’s because it’s easier to put a sign on state property or a state-funded project than it is for putting it on Federal property.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, Jonesy02719 said:

If this is the case, I’d suspect it’s because it’s easier to put a sign on state property or a state-funded project than it is for putting it on Federal property.

That's kind of what I suspected. Sad if it's really the case. A state agency can't work in harmony with a federal agency towards the same goal. You'd think managing the striper biomass would be a priority.

That being the case, the ACOE sure seems to put a high priority on dog poop.  There's "pick up your dog poop" signs all over the canal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was at bell rd over the weekend and there was fisherman trash all over the rocks when there was a trash and a recycle bin literally 14ft away (I actually measured with my tape).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

Was at bell rd over the weekend and there was fisherman trash all over the rocks when there was a trash and a recycle bin literally 14ft away (I actually measured with my tape).

Maybe another sign is needed

"Littering $500 fine"

Strictly enforced

Never happen tho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

Was at bell rd over the weekend and there was fisherman trash all over the rocks when there was a trash and a recycle bin literally 14ft away (I actually measured with my tape).

I'll be there in 2 weeks to pick up all that trash don't worry. Some out-of-staters do care

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.