Lou T

Floating crab storage container

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Seen the head boat with these. Looking for a floating box, with water circulation holes, I can store my bait in. White leggers, greens in a floating box at the dock. 

 

Did a Google, and SOL search and nothing came up. Anyone here know what there called, and where they can be purchased?

 

Thanks for looking

Lou T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may want to look at the Challenge Products Bait Lagoon or the Frabill Flow Troll.

 

I just bought the Bait Lagoon for live shrimp when I'm pier fishing. I haven't used it yet but it seems well built. 

8 mins ago, Lou T said:

Seen the head boat with these. Looking for a floating box, with water circulation holes, I can store my bait in. White leggers, greens in a floating box at the dock. 

 

Did a Google, and SOL search and nothing came up. Anyone here know what there called, and where they can be purchased?

 

Thanks for looking

Lou T

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 mins ago, coastalfreak said:

You may want to look at the Challenge Products Bait Lagoon or the Frabill Flow Troll.

 

I just bought the Bait Lagoon for live shrimp when I'm pier fishing. I haven't used it yet but it seems well built. 

 

Thanks for your response, but looking for something that will hold a half to a bushel of crabs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, Lou T said:

Thanks for your response, but looking for something that will hold a half to a bushel of crabs.

Ah. My apologies. 

 

I haven't heard anything that big. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bait.jpg.923027889a52d9a03b8d59f659442b1a.jpgLooks something like this, but larger with holes so the water circulates thru it.

Lou T

Edited by Lou T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start with a plastic 55 gallon drum, drill a bunch of holes (from the inside out preferably), some zip ties, and a pool noodle or two.

 

Really not that big of a project, and you wind up getting exactly what you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something from Home Depot, and just drill your own holes?

12 mins ago, Lou T said:

bait.jpg.923027889a52d9a03b8d59f659442b1a.jpgLooks something like this, but larger with holes so the water circulates thru it.

Lou T

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Start with a plastic 55 gallon drum, drill a bunch of holes (from the inside out preferably), some zip ties, and a pool noodle or two.

 

Really not that big of a project, and you wind up getting exactly what you want.

Thanks Joey, but I do not think I could lift a 55 gallon drum out of the water, or wait for it to drain so I could. If worse come to worse I could fill that blue box full of hole and noodle it. But that material is brittle, it has cracks where you can zip tie it closed.

 

All the head boats that black fish have them. Figured someone here would know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Something from Home Depot, and just drill your own holes?

 

Thanks, I'm heading out there in a while, I'll take a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, Lou T said:

Thanks Joey, but I do not think I could lift a 55 gallon drum out of the water, or wait for it to drain so I could. If worse come to worse I could fill that blue box full of hole and noodle it. But that material is brittle, it has cracks where you can zip tie it closed.

 

All the head boats that black fish have them. Figured someone here would know.

 

It's more work, but you can cut the middle out of the barrel, zip tie the top and bottom quarters together, and make it into "20 gallon drum."

 

It's as ghetto as it comes, but personally, I get a bit of pleasure out of hacking stuff together like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lou T said:

Seen the head boat with these. Looking for a floating box, with water circulation holes, I can store my bait in. White leggers, greens in a floating box at the dock. 

 

Did a Google, and SOL search and nothing came up. Anyone here know what there called, and where they can be purchased?

 

Thanks for looking

Lou T

Lou T. your looking for a floating lobster crate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hhalf a bushel is around 5 gallons.

Home Depot sells small 10 and 15 fall garbage containers that you can "hack" in to live bait holder.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.