redfishkiller

Global humidity

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ByronPA said:

Our humidity broke yesterday. I walked out the door yesterday morning and it was the first time in a month that the air felt good. Went down to 53 here last night, slept with the windows open for the first time in a long while.

It was a miserable summer, hopefully we're done with the hot, icky stuff. Bring on the sleet, snow and freezing rain. 

It broke here after the rain as well and this morning there’s actually a little

chill. Bring it on. Yesterday I was thinking about deer hunting, but couldn’t feel it because it was too hot. This morning... yeah, it’s right around the corner. She can keep the rest, but the snow will be a welcomed thing here in 3 or so months 

2 hours ago, redfishkiller said:

It is noticeably more humid this year, just plain icky and sticky, I thought it was just me being old and fat, but my kid noticed it too, 

I'm starting to think that its because of the growth around here, they had to have doubled the amount of paved surface around here,

Causing water to evaporate into the air versus soaking into the ground?

It's not the humidity.

I would suggest a shower more than once a year to help with that sticky and icky.

The humidity broke here as well, high in the low 70's the next three days, worried the pool temp will drop below acceptable (80°) levels of comfortableness...

**** winter.

Just now, redfishkiller said:

January before last it snowed for 4 or 5 days lol, and stayed frozen to the ground 

Did everything shut down and the shelves were bare at the store or are people there normal and have whet they need for more than a day? That drives me nuts with the burbanites around here. I’m just trying to go into town to fill my tank and everyone is juking each other to get the last loaf, gallon or pack of TP like it’s the last time they’ll see modern conveniences agam 

Its not the pavement red, its crop transpiration.  All anyone grows anymore is corn and soybeans and those plants put off tons and tons of water.  Its why the most humid part of the country is actually the upper midwest.

4 hours ago, ByronPA said:

Our humidity broke yesterday. I walked out the door yesterday morning and it was the first time in a month that the air felt good. Went down to 53 here last night, slept with the windows open for the first time in a long while.

It was a miserable summer, hopefully we're done with the hot, icky stuff. Bring on the sleet, snow and freezing rain. 

Much the same here in CNJ with more nice days on the way:th::th: