redfishkiller

Global humidity

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

It is noticeably more humid this year, just plain icky and sticky, I thought it was just me being old and fat, but my kid noticed it too, 

I'm starting to think that its because of the growth around here, they had to have doubled the amount of paved surface around here,

Causing water to evaporate into the air versus soaking into the ground?

33 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

It is noticeably more humid this year, just plain icky and sticky, I thought it was just me being old and fat, but my kid noticed it too, 

I'm starting to think that its because of the growth around here, they had to have doubled the amount of paved surface around here,

You’ve got a bit of a rain forest going on in your yard....that’s probably it :th:

23 mins ago, Slack Tidings said:

You’ve got a bit of a rain forest going on in your yard....that’s probably it :th:

That to,  its cyclical?  Humidity-rain forest-humidy-rain forest...

1 min ago, redfishkiller said:

That to,  its cyclical?  Humidity-rain forest-humidy-rain forest...

Just all the green space in your yard locks down the humidity more than say a TerryMac type of ultra manicured type thing.

Just now, Slack Tidings said:

Just all the green space in your yard locks down the humidity more than say a TerryMac type of ultra manicured type thing.

So I need to hire terry then :idea:

Our humidity broke yesterday. I walked out the door yesterday morning and it was the first time in a month that the air felt good. Went down to 53 here last night, slept with the windows open for the first time in a long while.

It was a miserable summer, hopefully we're done with the hot, icky stuff. Bring on the sleet, snow and freezing rain. 

9 mins ago, ByronPA said:

Our humidity broke yesterday. I walked out the door yesterday morning and it was the first time in a month that the air felt good. Went down to 53 here last night, slept with the windows open for the first time in a long while.

It was a miserable summer, hopefully we're done with the hot, icky stuff. Bring on the sleet, snow, and freezing rain.

:wag:

1 hour ago, redfishkiller said:

Just read that summer humidity has been on the rise in most of the 48.  Colombia SC dew point on average is 3.9 degrees higher now than in 1970.  

This hoomidity ain't nuttin. When I was a kid some 60 years ago or a century longer I remember walking out the door and it felt like a tidal wave hit me. Hoomidity was much worser back then. Or was it the water ballons that got me soked. Damn Craft disease.