Jim A.

Suggestions on 20 lb mono

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Well.  I’ve been using stroft 23 lb gft for 10 yrs.      it’s not cheap but great line... thin dia..  zero memory.

But I cannot seem to find it.     I was never a stren.  Or trilene person.      Ant suggestions....?.

Posted (edited) · Report post

cabelas salt striker copolymer,thinner and almost no memory.

also,low cost when on sale and comes in bulk spools.

another I like is sea striker clear premium,soft,casts smooth and low cost.

personally,I don't like the braided stuff although I do see the benefits of it as far as distance.

I don't do spinners so it's not much of any problem.

I like having the stretch,helps the fish get the plug esp when they inhale.

HH

Edited by Heavy Hooksetter

I don't fish mono anymore.  But when I did it was almost always Momoi.. wasnt cheap but it had very low memory and good tensile strength per diameter. 

On old spinners (specifically my Crack and Luxor 300) I use either Berkley Big Game or Stren Magna-Thin.  On Bait and Wait Conventional Reels I have used Suffix Siege, Suffix Elite and Momoi Hi-Catch.  Honestly, I could probably use any one of these exclusively on all my mono reels and not be able to discern a difference in castability of durability (I no longer fish off rocks, however).

Pink Ande fishing bottom at sandy beaches.As it wears it changes color.20lb.

When fishen eels at night off Monomy Stren 20lb as the spool would fit in yer hip pocket.

When casting on grass with chance of snap off , yellow Stren to find the trash.12lb.

Had an extended battle with a 404lb Thresher a few weeks back. The Big Game 60lb was pinging, rubbing on the boat  and even cleared a backlash (under pressure, a lot of pressure, I thought the game was over) when the lever on the 30W got bumped  I have been using Big Game for many years and it has  never failed me.