yellowtail poppong from the shore in Korea

Rate this topic

ksong

4 hours ago, ksong said:

Is chicken soup like this ?

Chicken in Korea is  tasty as they use fresh chicken, not frozen.

chickensoup.jpg

It was not the chicken. It was the flavor of the soup that I felt was tasteless. They served only chicken soup in that place and it was a famous restaurant.

41 mins ago, levari said:

It was not the chicken. It was the flavor of the soup that I felt was tasteless. They served only chicken soup in that place and it was a famous restaurant.

I never taste chicken soup in Korea. The dish in the picture called samgyetang is very famous in Korea.

1 hour ago, ksong said:

I never taste chicken soup in Korea. The dish in the picture called samgyetang is very famous in Korea.

That’s the one I am talking about. Ginseng chicken soup. The name of the restaurant is Tosokchon Samgyetang. It was the president favorite restaurant. That’s why they took me there because I didn’t like it in the first place they took me.

Edited by levari

On 8/27/2019 at 4:51 PM, ksong said:

I encounter a problem. rain and thunder.

Weather forecast says we have rain and lightening until tomorrow.

It is too dangerous to fish in a remote island  under lightening. 

I might postpone fishing until Friday.

When you come to Jeje Island, there are two famous food. One is kalchi ( ribbonfish) and the other is Heukdaeji ( black pork ).

I ate both. While black pork's price is reasonable ( $40 per two), the ribbonfish's price is high ( $38 per person).  I don't understand why ribbonfish dish's price is so high as lots of  ribbonfish are caught in Jeju.

20190827_114656.jpg

20190827_161545.jpg

20190827_161604.jpg

20190827_161609.jpg

20190827_162852.jpg

20190827_165753.jpg

oh God. 

do you know what they feed the pigs at jeju-do to make heukdaeji taste so unique ?

Edited by TimS
No reddit links please

@levari Ginseng is used in Asia as a medicinal to boost energy, mental and physical (most common usage).  Studies have found it also has other benefits.  Chicken is used to lessen the bitter taste of the Ginseng root.  Wild Ginseng found in the US commands a very high demand and top dollar from Asia.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ginseng-benefits

On 9/5/2019 at 0:37 PM, fishweewee said:

oh God. 

do you know what they feed the pigs at jeju-do to make heukdaeji taste so unique ?

But we fertilize plants, fruits, & vegetables with other fecal sources... it’s not like the meat is eaten raw... anyway, this was back in the day.  I saw  the special Jeju lava rock toilet turret atop the rock pig pens where farmers used to crap down for the pigs. One less commode to clean...

Edited by TimS
quote edited