yemista

Reservoir

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

I was there a couple of Sundays ago. I was targeting salmon, lakers and 'bows. I ended up catching a couple of smallmouth and a perch. Water level is on the low side of normal.

On 8/23/2019 at 11:13 AM, zak-striper said:

I was there a couple of Sundays ago. I was targeting salmon, lakers and 'bows. I ended up catching a couple of smallmouth and a perch. Water level is on the low side of normal.

Lets hope that keeps up in the fall. Dont wanna be fishing from a tree again

Seemed a little higher when I went Sunday.

On 8/25/2019 at 0:58 AM, giggyfish said:

Now we can’t even mention whole bodies of water. :dismay:

you can mention whatever you want, i just enjoy solitude so i wont

Been a slow summer for salmon and trout where I fish. Usually can get a couple a trip. They have been on a decline the last couple years but with the influx of smelt I'm excited to see what that does. I'm talking about salmon and rainbows/browns. Lakers have been a lot healthier this year.

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

There is 37 miles of shoreline so tough to burn a place that big.

And a complete noob can't buy a walmart special rod & reel and a savage sand eel and catch a 30lb striper at the foot of the parking lot.  :)

You actually have to work a little to catch a nice fish at the reservoir who's name shall not be spoken.

Although, it has been suffering the effects of spot burning and social media. Two brothers are doing their best to ruin the place.

Edited by zak-striper

On 8/26/2019 at 1:32 PM, zak-striper said:

And a complete noob can't buy a walmart special rod & reel and a savage sand eel and catch a 30lb striper at the foot of the parking lot.  :)

You actually have to work a little to catch a nice fish at the reservoir who's name shall not be spoken.

Although, it has been suffering the effects of spot burning and social media. Two brothers are doing their best to ruin the place.

Yup. And they will. They will kill the very thing they love. The power of social media is incredible.

I have one word, ok, two words...…..RR bridge...……………..Pole #20

Nuff said. If you like company, and trash, ….keep talking. They will come.

On 8/26/2019 at 1:32 PM, zak-striper said:

I personally met those guys and they fish their tails off. Very respectable fishermen in my opinion because they never spot burn, practice C&R, and they promote land stewardship by taking the trash out that other people left behind. Sure they have a FB site that they promote but before you point the blame just know that they do more than most fishermen out there. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

18 hours ago, Dah seee said:

I personally met those guys and they fish their tails off. Very respectable fishermen in my opinion because they never spot burn, practice C&R, and they promote land stewardship by taking the trash out that other people left behind. Sure they have a FB site

I've met them multiple times at the rez and even fished next to them. Traffic at the rez has gone up noticeably since they started their page. They've spot burned the place like crazy. And they have the same attitude of canal googans who think the more the merrier. They let members of their page post pics that spot burn the hell out of the place as well. I almost got kicked off their page when I called them out on their hypocrisy in regards to poorly handing fish. They have dozens of pics of themselves mishandling fish yet they were calling others out for mishandling fish.

They have the attitude that they discovered the rez and that they're giving us this great gift. I've been fishing there little longer than them. And I've met dozens of old-timers who've been fishing there for decades and who fish the place better than they do.

Their page is doing more harm than good. At it's basic essence, it's a brag site for the two of them. As of today there are 4000+ followers of the page.

Fortunately, it actually takes fishing skills to do well there which discourages many. It's not like the canal where you can walk 50' from a parking lot and catch a 30lb striper on your very first cast ever.

Edited by zak-striper