Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe G

CapeFlyer's new Bourne stop

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Like him or not, it appears Mr Cahir was correct.  Build it and they will come.

 

According to todays news reports, the new Bourne stop is adding to Cape Flyer's success.  The MBTA added another bi-level car to the Cape Flyer to accommodate an increase in passenger ridership.  Through last weekend the Flyer has serviced 11,652 passengers compared to 10,135 through the same period last year.  A 15% increase.  Not too shabby for what many thought was initially a cockamamy idea. 

 

There was much angst over the new Cape side platform that was built in May, but the naysayers were proven wrong.  Passenger response has met expectations.

 

Will Cahir explore additional CapeFlyer stops Cape side?  The guy is an out-of-the box thinking visionary, so me thinks so.  Stay tuned,   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 mins ago, Joe G said:

Like him or not, it appears Mr Cahir was correct.  Build it and they will come.

 

According to todays news reports, the new Bourne stop is adding to Cape Flyer's success.  The MBTA added another bi-level car to the Cape Flyer to accommodate an increase in passenger ridership.  Through last weekend the Flyer has serviced 11,652 passengers compared to 10,135 through the same period last year.  A 15% increase.  Not too shabby for what many thought was initially a cockamamy idea. 

 

There was much angst over the new Cape side platform that was built in May, but the naysayers were proven wrong.  Passenger response has met expectations.

 

Will Cahir explore additional CapeFlyer stops Cape side?  The guy is an out-of-the box thinking visionary, so me thinks so.  Stay tuned,   

 

 

Joe he has already indicated other stops along the way once he was up and running from his original proposal . so for me that will happen most likely next year . It is sure to interfere with  those who like to fish some places that have become popular. The times is coming when  he will be advocating for a fence along the whole route as well to help keep the train on schedule, which was also part of his original presentation to some..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At $10 for a round trip ticket I'm not surprised numbers are up. Is that increase actually an indicator that it is a success? Time will tell...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Malsow said:

At $10 for a round trip ticket I'm not surprised numbers are up. Is that increase actually an indicator that it is a success? Time will tell...

$10 round trip? I didn't know that. Maybe the train is only being used by cheap bastages. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 mins ago, capequahog said:

I hope this enterprise is run better than the Red Line :dismay:

Keolis is the operator........

It has nothing to do with the T.....

So if trains are late or service sucks, blame Keolis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My gf took it once (i left Boston early to fish) and she said it was empty on the train on a friday evening. It cost 20 bucks each way i think. It was convenient for me, i left on thursday and was able to fish friday morning and just grab her in hyannis in time for dinner and drinks. I think this will definitely be here to stay, but not expanded. She said there were only a dozen people in her car with everyone spread out with room to themselves. nice for riders, not the trains bottom line. I do not believe they are making money on it at 20 bucks, or less if its 10 like said above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 mins ago, gulino12 said:

My gf took it once (i left Boston early to fish) and she said it was empty on the train on a friday evening. It cost 20 bucks each way i think. It was convenient for me, i left on thursday and was able to fish friday morning and just grab her in hyannis in time for dinner and drinks. I think this will definitely be here to stay, but not expanded. She said there were only a dozen people in her car with everyone spread out with room to themselves. nice for riders, not the trains bottom line. I do not believe they are making money on it at 20 bucks, or less if its 10 like said above. 

I agree. The train practically runs through my front yard. I see it often in the evening when I'm fishing.  We see it all the time, and never have seen the cars crowded. Just a smattering of people in each car. 

Edited by bob_G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 5:15 PM, unskunk said:

Keolis is the operator........

It has nothing to do with the T.....

So if trains are late or service sucks, blame Keolis

Who is this?

 

The rolling stock is lettered to be owned by the MBTA...…..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 8:20 AM, Joe G said:

Like him or not, it appears Mr Cahir was correct.  Build it and they will come.

 

According to todays news reports, the new Bourne stop is adding to Cape Flyer's success.  The MBTA added another bi-level car to the Cape Flyer to accommodate an increase in passenger ridership.  Through last weekend the Flyer has serviced 11,652 passengers compared to 10,135 through the same period last year.  A 15% increase.  Not too shabby for what many thought was initially a cockamamy idea. 

 

There was much angst over the new Cape side platform that was built in May, but the naysayers were proven wrong.  Passenger response has met expectations.

 

Will Cahir explore additional CapeFlyer stops Cape side?  The guy is an out-of-the box thinking visionary, so me thinks so.  Stay tuned,   

 

 

The numbers, if accurate are impressive BUT I would love to see an HONEST spread sheet with profits and losses...………….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, b-ware said:

Who is this?

 

The rolling stock is lettered to be owned by the MBTA...…..

Keolis is responsible for operations  including hiring, scheduling,  maintaining trackage, rolling stock,etc......Even tho the T owns everything.  These people don't work for the T.  They get their paycheck from Keolis....(a German company, I think)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.