Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandflee

Crazy Storms...

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Holy Sh*t what happened last night? 70+ mph winds, sheets of rain, electrical fires, trees down across roads on houses and cars. been thru hurricanes and it hadn't been that nuts. Neighbors house tree split and came down on wires arcing and fire flashes for 2hrs FD couldnt even respond as they had 200 calls in 10 minutes, this for me was all in North Babylon. other parts of the island barely got a whisper

IMG_0935.JPG

IMG_0940.JPG

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was doing a double time night shift during it and it was insane.I drove in it for about 20 mins,it felt like a tornado was about to touch down at any moment.

Edited by IslandSurf

Yup trashed my dam garden.. thousands of beautiful black eyed Susan’s all dominated by the rain and wind .. all laid out across ground . Was up at 5 today clearing branches from house and elderly couples across street 

They woke me up last night. The wife was outside putting down the umbrella in the back yard ,I went back to sleep .I wasn't going out in that crap

22 mins ago, the3fishheads said:

Big ass trees down almost every street here in babylon. Looks like a war zone.

Guy around block new car smashed. 

20190823_123200.jpg

20190823_122958.jpg

20190823_123028.jpg

20190823_125708.jpg

22 mins ago, the3fishheads said:

Big ass trees down almost every street here in babylon. Looks like a war zone.

20190823_123200.jpg

20190823_122958.jpg

20190823_123028.jpg

20190823_125708.jpg

Your alive mo .. what’s up .. 

lil Prius down the road alil was even littler with big ass tree over the top of it 

My home weather station recorded a 60mph gust last night (Farmingdale). Walked around a couple of blocks and counted 14 trees down.  Most trees were snapped at the base not uprooted. 

Oyster Bay/Bayville got a lots of rain; few flooded basements but not much winds. Haven't seen any trees down, roads were clear, at least around me.

In 2006 a NY tornado that traveled 13 miles from the Hudson River to LISound opened my eyes. It cut a clear swath across my town near my home, and the pressure alone sucked the glass out of one of our cars in the driveway. A convertible next to that vehicle was untouched? An earthquake in the early  90’s also ‘shook’ my belief that the tri state area is immune to these weather events.

Guess we were lucky in CT, last Sunday morning had a lightning strike somewhere near, lost the generator, TV, router, driveway light, and 3 Comcast devices. Electrician coming Tues to start sorting it all out.