hunt for blueessss

Anybody have a 2012/2013 Hobie Revolution 11?

5 posts in this topic

It seems like the rudder control is too far down when turning right.  It sticks into the seat area.  Does anyone have the same kayak and doesn't mind taking a picture of the rudder control knob in the far right position?  

Thanks for any help! 

J

It’s adjustable, so each yak would be different. Do a search on this site, lots of shared knowledge on how to adjust.

i have a 2012 revo11.  i never really thought it was a problem turning hard right just move your leg over a bit.   or lean into the turn.  my 2018 outback does the same thing.  like brad said, you can probably untie the cables and re adjust, but then your hard left turn is going to be jammed the other way.

On 8/23/2019 at 11:18 AM, gobigblue said:

i have a 2012 revo11.  i never really thought it was a problem turning hard right just move your leg over a bit.   or lean into the turn.  my 2018 outback does the same thing.  like brad said, you can probably untie the cables and re adjust, but then your hard left turn is going to be jammed the other way.

do you mind taking a picture of your knob in the far right rudder position?  I'm going to post mine tomorrow.  Maybe it's normal - and I don't want to make an adjustment - I just want to confirm that the positioning of the knob is correct.  If so, then fine.  Just doesn't seem like it is all. 

thanks! 

On older Hobies when the knob is at the 1 o’clock position,  the rudder should be straight. Sharpie (witness marks) the lines where they attach at the rudder to keep your adjustments and the tension equal.