Fishbucket

Ditch Troll meetup ?

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

Mid Sept ? 

Maybe throw in a show-n-tell ? 

Im pretty green to the ways of the canal. 

Could use some rigs and lure pointers. 

I could do day or night weekdays...

On 8/22/2019 at 6:17 PM, Fishbucket said:

Mid Sept ? 

Maybe throw in a show-n-tell ? 

Im pretty green to the ways of the canal. 

Could use some rigs and lure pointers. 

I could do day or night weekdays...

Fish bucket unless things change it is unlikely you will see a meeting with the trolls as a group. It is suggested that when you do get here give a shout and some perhaps may show up for a breakfast at Leos

We used to have a couple of summer cookouts near the Ditch; ditto for a handful of guys meeting up for breakfast post-fishing in the summer.  All were great fun, IMHO.

It's not for lack of trying.  Rather, interest in attending such events has been all but nonexistent this season.  

6 hours ago, Southcoastphil said:

We used to have a couple of summer cookouts near the Ditch; ditto for a handful of guys meeting up for breakfast post-fishing in the summer.  All were great fun, IMHO.

It's not for lack of trying.  Rather, interest in attending such events has been all but nonexistent this season.  

What's with the pickle?:huh:

There was a business seminar that I attended years ago titled:

"Give them a pickle"

It actually was a great concept!!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Wasn't it Arlo Guthrie who sang "I don't need a pickle" ?

Mind, I am a big fan of Kosher half-sours and do a pretty good job on dills out of my garden - cukes, dill weed heads, garlic, mustard seed and a single Hot Hungarian slit in two and stuck in the middle of the 2 US Qt jar (1.9L). Perfect size jar get two levels of cukes in the puppy.

I am a Jethro Tull fan, university in the late 60's early 70's, Benefit was a great album but Aqualung was better.

Edited by speedwell

40 mins ago, speedwell said:

Mind, I am a big fan of Kosher half-sours and do a pretty good job on dills out of my garden - cukes, dill weed heads, garlic, mustard seed and a single Hot Hungarian slit in two and stuck in the middle of the 2 US Qt jar (1.9L). Perfect size jar get two levels of cukes in the puppy.

I am a Jethro Tull fan, university in the late 60's early 70's, Benefit was a great album but Aqualung was better.

Yes, indeed, Puck.

"...Just wanna ride on my motor-sickle..."

1 hour ago, speedwell said:

I used to be a Tull fan too. I liked Aqualung, but Thick as a Brick was a my fav.  I think I wore out two 8 tracks I listened to that album so much (now I'm showing my age). Girlfriends used to say "can't we listen to something else?" 

Fishbucket, you might not dine alone, mate.

Rumor has it that some OOTTs (Out Of Town Trolls.  Yes, I just made that up.) might be visiting, so there's a *chance* that some of us will connect for a bite.  Maybe a breakfast?  Maybe a cookout?

I'm thinking of Sunday Sept. 8.

Let's see how many Trolls respond to this post with "I'm in."

The 8th... hmmm I might not be able to make that, seeing we would have landed the day before.  

The 15th might be better... 

yousall decide. 

13 mins ago, Fishbucket said:

The 8th... hmmm I might not be able to make that, seeing we would have landed the day before.  

The 15th might be better... 

yousall decide. 

Now you know why we no longer have many events.