jobou

Ocean Lures Peanut Bunker

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Hoping I can figure out a way to get to someone from Ocean Lures that is still around and can make me a bunch of the heavy wounded peanut bunker lures that they had in production.  The picture of what I am looking for is attached.  I would buy 20 of them if someone can do it.   

peanut bunker.jpeg

Good luck with that, I've been searching for the topwater sandeel for a very long time after my last one snapped in half. Bridge street tackle might have some but no peanuts. I believe they have the tuna jigs left. 

I might be able to make some. Need specs. Color is the easy part. I turn some plugs every once in a while. Pretty good ones that swim and catch 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Looks to be about 4", is the plug body round or oval. 

Can you give the weight of the plug and lenght?

Edited by LB

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 mins ago, mackerel hunter said:

Have a NIP golden yellow, these are the specs:5d5d3eb2494f7_Screenshot_2019-08-21NIPOceanLures.png.a6db32ed3caf336cbbdb92cd5fc64e87.png

Is the plug body round? at 3.5" long and 2oz there not floating where is the weight mounted in the plug? tail or midsection? 

Just found out body is oval.

Edited by LB

15 hours ago, jobou said:

Hoping I can figure out a way to get to someone from Ocean Lures that is still around and can make me a bunch of the heavy wounded peanut bunker lures that they had in production.  The picture of what I am looking for is attached.  I would buy 20 of them if someone can do it.   

peanut bunker.jpeg

Can you take a picture top looking down? that will give the profile of the plug need that being the plug is not round, and also how thick the body is, know that the side profile looks like from the picture.

Length 3.5

Hight? 

Width?

Did it float if it did how did it sit in the water? 

lf it didn't float did it sink tail first, is there any indication as to where the weight was put in the plug. 

All these questions would help someone who might want to make you some plugs 

a picture is not enough

Try post what you want in the plug building section on SOL.

Good luck with your quest.