Assault dog ban

Rate this topic

jkrock

Another day, another dead kid mauled to death by dogs of peace. this time a 9 year old girl in Detroit

unlike guns, these are not inanimate objects.  Should we ban assault dogs?  they have no place on our streets and in our neighborhoods

What would be the list of characteristics that defines an assault dog?  DNA testing for pit?

Edited by jkrock

"mother Theresa was a POS"-fish'nmagician

In my area there are plenty of stories involving dogs savaging people, and almost every single time they mention pitbull. The people who get these dogs for many reasons, but some of them get them to look cool. They want people to be afraid of their vicious dog.

An old man in our town was picking weeds in his yard when the neighbors pitbulls hopped the fence and attacked him. They ripped one of his arms clean off, mauled his face off, and tried to rip his other arm off. The owners noticed the commotion and rounded up the dogs. But they didn't call 911 for help, instead they drove the dogs to a friends house and dropped them off there. Then came back home and then called 911. They stood there in their yard and told the police that their dogs were not home at the time. The cops knew their dogs from previous encounters and after a short period of time had the dogs in custody, still covered in the mans blood. The woman screamed out-"Don't hurt my babies".

I mention this because this is the mental state of many owners of these dogs. They see them as loving and obedient. They are, but not so much for others. So new laws have crept into the books regarding vicious dogs. If a neighbor reports someones dogs, an investigation ensues. If the dogs get labeled dangerous the owner is in legal jeopardy should the dogs get loose, whether they attack someone or not. This puts the responsibility squarely where it needs to be, with the owner. 

I own a schnauzer and a chihuahua and have erected a five foot wire fence around about two acres. Not to keep them in as much as to keep pitbulls and coyotes and such out. So far it has worked very well. I don't wish to ban pitbulls, just impose reasonable common sense laws restricting their masters.

7 mins ago, FishinMortician said:

In my area there are plenty of stories involving dogs savaging people, and almost every single time they mention pitbull. The people who get these dogs for many reasons, but some of them get them to look cool. They want people to be afraid of their vicious dog.

An old man in our town was picking weeds in his yard when the neighbors pitbulls hopped the fence and attacked him. They ripped one of his arms clean off, mauled his face off, and tried to rip his other arm off. The owners noticed the commotion and rounded up the dogs. But they didn't call 911 for help, instead they drove the dogs to a friends house and dropped them off there. Then came back home and then called 911. They stood there in their yard and told the police that their dogs were not home at the time. The cops knew their dogs from previous encounters and after a short period of time had the dogs in custody, still covered in the mans blood. The woman screamed out-"Don't hurt my babies".

I mention this because this is the mental state of many owners of these dogs. They see them as loving and obedient. They are, but not so much for others. So new laws have crept into the books regarding vicious dogs. If a neighbor reports someones dogs, an investigation ensues. If the dogs get labeled dangerous the owner is in legal jeopardy should the dogs get loose, whether they attack someone or not. This puts the responsibility squarely where it needs to be, with the owner. 

I own a schnauzer and a chihuahua and have erected a five foot wire fence around about two acres. Not to keep them in as much as to keep pitbulls and coyotes and such out. So far it has worked very well. I don't wish to ban pitbulls, just impose reasonable common sense laws restricting their masters.

Ripped an arm off!?!?!?

Can we go back to this?

Did he die?