jjdbike

Albi Snax, Blues, Mullet?

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

Hey Folks,

I’ve never used or handled these lures but heard great things about them.

I have two questions about them.

1st, this is probably a stupid question, but how do they how do they hold up to small to medium blues?

2nd, are these effective lures for mullet run?

Thanks in advance.

JD

Blues will destroy albie snax.

My suggestion is, if you don't know, and they might be blues, throw a tin until you find out what they are.

32 mins ago, bbfish said:

1. they wont.  

2.  any lure that is in a similar size/profile as a mullet can be effective during the mullet run.

15 mins ago, Billybob said:

Blues will destroy albie snax.

My suggestion is, if you don't know, and they might be blues, throw a tin until you find out what they are.

Thanks gent!

i appreciate it.

JD

Posted (edited) · Report post

Most of the time, if a bluefish hits an albie snax, you'll end up reeling in half an albie snax,...I used to buy these exclusively for albies only. However, they work great on a lot of stuff, here in the NE (unfortunately including bluefish) as well as down in FL. If you buy directly from their site, you can buy bags of 50 (called 'guide bags') at a 20% lower cost than if you were to buy individual packs that would add up to 50 snax...I talked to the guy when he was at the RI show this past march and while I stuck with buying the pearl color only, he said he can mix and match if you prefer

Edited by albacized

1 hour ago, albacized said:

Most of the time, if a bluefish hits an albie snax, you'll end up reeling in half an albie snax,...I used to buy these exclusively for albies only. However, they work great on a lot of stuff, here in the NE (unfortunately including bluefish) as well as down in FL. If you buy directly from their site, you can buy bags of 50 (called 'guide bags') at a 20% lower cost than if you were to buy individual packs that would add up to 50 snax...I talked to the guy when he was at the RI show this past march and while I stuck with buying the pearl color only, he said he can mix and match if you prefer

Thanks bud!

JD

8 mins ago, ksong said:

I am going to try this Dartspin as they say it is indestructible .

20190820_151945.jpg

I've never seen anything like that.

Is that a soft body? How do you hook that?

Where does one get one of those? 

JD

Cool looking bait but until I see the indestructable bait  get caught up in a school of blues my initial impression is the blues  WILL TEAR IT UP!  

Hope I'm wrong on that judgement.   Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong though.   :laugh:

I made a mold for the Albie Snax just because of the yellow eyed demons.    It's  good bait and now I can pour, when and what color I want at any time.  

I think buying the bait whole sale and their flexibility to adjust to you're color scheme's is awesome!  Big ups to the Albie Snax Promotional & Production team down in the South. 

I'd like to see more Soft Plastic Companies offer these types of promotions to dedicated anglers and their customers in the Northeast.  WHOOP  WHOOP !!!   :grouphug:

5 hours ago, ksong said:

Take a razor blade and press it across the middle. Take a video for us. You'll see what happens when a blue hits it. Clean cut...

18 hours ago, albacized said:

16 hours ago, Billybob said:

Schoolie stripers love em.

10 hours ago, flylikabird said:

I made a mold for the Albie Snax just because of the yellow eyed demons.    It's  good bait and now I can pour, when and what color I want at any time.  

I think buying the bait whole sale and their flexibility to adjust to you're color scheme's is awesome!  Big ups to the Albie Snax Promotional & Production team down in the South. 

I'd like to see more Soft Plastic Companies offer these types of promotions to dedicated anglers and their customers in the Northeast.  WHOOP  WHOOP !!!   :grouphug:

Thanks gents.

How do you rig them for casting from shore, (surf & jetty)?

JD