RiverRaider

Percentage of Times You Need To Pump Gas when You Get in Your Wife’s Car?

Rate this topic

82 posts in this topic

4 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

What’s the secret?

Luck, I had nothing to do with it.

She’s pretty organized for a broad, was from the day I met her.

:shrug:

All the time. She’s bad. Kids are just like her. 

My father told me when I got my license, morons run out of gas! Don’t be a moron!

Wife has run out of gas, the boys haven’t. The above advise was given to my boys by me :D 

I have sort of the opposite story. My wife was using my Jeep and comes home and tells me that the empty gas light is on. Later in the day I used the Jeep, gas it up and bring it home.  Then she uses it again and brings it into the gas station to fill up (already 100% full). She pumps the gas and the Jeep takes about $1 of gas, tries again and it take $.25 more.  She looks at the gas gauge (with the ignition off) and it reads empty as it always does when the ignition/accessory is off.  Tries again, takes $.25.   So she gets the moron kid from inside the gas station, he tries, Jeep takes $.10.   Then he looks at the gauge with of course shows empty. So he tries again, it takes $.10. She texts me that the Jeep gas gauge is broken, starts the car, gauge goes to 100% and drives home.  

She then goes ballistic because I never told her that I put gas in my own car. 

Now she drives a Tesla that she forgets to plug in.  

Just now, blastwater said:

I have sort of the opposite story. My wife was using my Jeep and comes home and tells me that the empty gas light is on. Later in the day I used the Jeep, gas it up and bring it home.  Then she uses it again and brings it into the gas station to fill up (already 100% full). She pumps the gas and the Jeep takes about $1 of gas, tries again and it take $.25 more.  She looks at the gas gauge (with the ignition off) and it reads empty as it always does when the ignition/accessory is off.  Tries again, takes $.25.   So she gets the moron kid from inside the gas station, he tries, Jeep takes $.10.   Then he looks at the gauge with of course shows empty. So he tries again, it takes $.10. She texts me that the Jeep gas gauge is broken, starts the car, gauge goes to 100% and drives home.  

She then goes ballistic because I never told her that I put gas in my own car. 

Now she drives a Tesla that she forgets to plug in.  

What do you do when a Tesla runs out of juice?

Bring a jumper battery?     :D

3 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

What do you do when a Tesla runs out of juice?

Bring a jumper battery?     :D

THAT is the issue. It gets “bricked”. In the past it became a $75,000 “brick” because the entire battery needed to be replaced @ $20k.    Now they can tow it and reset/recharge the dead battery but it take up to a week. Still costs a few grand if you don’t have the extended warrantee.  

I'd say about 50% of the time. She is good with the car it is mostly local driving, 7 miles to work then back plus local stops. She gets about 13 miles per gallon in the Expedition doesn't get the concept of coasting so we go through brake pads like crazy.

6 hours ago, Wigeon said:

Luck, I had nothing to do with it.

She’s pretty organized for a broad, was from the day I met her.

:shrug:

My wife is well organized as well... she just doesn’t like to pump gas