Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MitchellNJ

MLB Expansion

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

It would seem that there are teams with the "problem" of too many good players. There have been rumblings of the idea to grow to 32 teams and with the bitching about the free agent market, trade deadlines, bakcklogs in the minors, it would also seem to be a relatively easy move to staff more teams. With the last round of expansion teams doing quite well, when would be a good time to start looking at adding more?

Posted (edited) · Report post

expansion?... how's about contraction?... the Os, KC, Marlins and Tigers are all terrible... the league suffers from too little talent to go around... 

Edited by jettyjockey18

17 hours ago, MitchellNJ said:

It would seem that there are teams with the "problem" of too many good players. There have been rumblings of the idea to grow to 32 teams and with the bitching about the free agent market, trade deadlines, bakcklogs in the minors, it would also seem to be a relatively easy move to staff more teams. With the last round of expansion teams doing quite well, when would be a good time to start looking at adding more?

I think it will happen in the near future. MLB is loaded with incredible young talent. I know Charlotte NC has been trying to get a expansion team and would be a great MLB city.

14 mins ago, jettyjockey18 said:

expansion?... how's about contraction?... the Os, KC, Marlins and Tigers are all terrible... the league suffers from too little talent to go around... 

KC,Detroit and Miami all traded away great players in the last 5 years due to impending free agency. They are rebuilding it takes time. It's not because there is a shortage of good players.

25 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Not in favor of it.

Move Miami and Tampa to cities that will support those teams before you look to expansion.

That is a good point.

I don’t think expanding a dying sport would help a watered down league. Yes some teams are loaded with talent . However the teams that are “loaded” with talent generally spend with very little limit ie the Red Sox Yankees just to name a few. And yes there is a salary cap but I don’t believe it works. To me it seems like the teams listed above the O’s the Royals Marlins and so on are just feeder teams for the bigger market teams.Maybe be should try and fix that problem to help the small market teams become competitive and then we can talk about expansion. In my opinion that what makes the nfl so popular it s not the same teams ever year in the playoffs.

15 hours ago, Bwstriper44 said:

In my opinion that what makes the nfl so popular it s not the same teams ever year in the playoffs.

Did you forget the Patriots?     :D

On 8/17/2019 at 7:49 AM, jettyjockey18 said:

You forgot the Mariners....

SF

I don't agree with expansion.  Some teams have trouble filling their parks because they are in fire-sale or rebuilding mode.  If there's a problem then mlb should be focusing on that.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:49 AM, jettyjockey18 said:

25 mins ago, Stonefish said:

You forgot the Mariners....

SF

And the Pirates.

9 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

Did you forget the Patriots?     :D

Growing up in Massachusetts it’s pretty hard to forget about them. My point was for the most part there’s parody in the NFL. Where as in MLB they take 8 teams  for the playoffs 10 if you count the 1 game play in and 6 to 7 are the same teams every year.