Blowfish Tactics

Rate this topic

Steve in Mass

Thanks for all the info folks, hopefully it has helped not only me but others as well. :)

Now just hope they are still around the second week of September in BB......

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

17 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

Thanks for all the info folks, hopefully it has helped not only me but others as well. :)

Now just hope they are still around the second week of September in BB......

They'll be there. 

"I was a waste of time dumbasses"  Sevenxseventy1

Going out front to look for a fluke in the early a.m. tomorrow, and then coming back in to fill the cooler with blowfish. I buy fresh clam on the way home from my fishing trips and then my buddy does all the shucking and salting. Blowfish are incredible bait stealers and if your clam is not salted well you will spend more time re-baiting your hook than catching. The bite comes in flurries and you want to be in the water catching when it does. When it is slow don't just sit there and do nothing, cut bait because it goes very fast.

1 hour ago, rockyoutdoors said:

Going out front to look for a fluke in the early a.m. tomorrow, and then coming back in to fill the cooler with blowfish. I buy fresh clam on the way home from my fishing trips and then my buddy does all the shucking and salting. Blowfish are incredible bait stealers and if your clam is not salted well you will spend more time re-baiting your hook than catching. The bite comes in flurries and you want to be in the water catching when it does. When it is slow don't just sit there and do nothing, cut bait because it goes very fast.

I will see you out there.  

Delete from SOL_Users where username like 'wasy','Seal'....

On 8/21/2019 at 3:46 PM, ChumSlickJon said:

But how is he going to fish for them during the hurricane?

OMG, I totally forgot about the SiM curse.  Battening down the hatches as I write.  I already alerted the locals he's coming.  :D

Steve,

I have a container of salted clams taking up space in my freezer, yours if you want them.  :wave:

"Endeavor to persevere" Lone Watie

3 hours ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Hey rocky, where you at?

I was out front trying to catch a keeper fluke and only caught shorts......again! 

I did manage to catch this on a fluke rig though.

68926914_10215417132327724_4985658076544

After we quit fluking we went back into the bay and boated 69 yes 69 actual blowfish.

The size of the blowfish has improved from previous trips also.

I dont know how many we caught but we kept 40 between 2 of us.  That's a nice bone.  I saw a couple mackeral jumping in the bay, one was yuge!!!!!  Never got to use these crabs for sheepshead, the wind picked up so we hightailed. 

Delete from SOL_Users where username like 'wasy','Seal'....