Best Casting Braid/Superlines

Rate this topic

yogiiiboy

I know there's been many discussions with respect to this subject matter.........but with several new lines coming out in the past few years, i'm wondering what you think are the top performing lines from the surf when it comes to:

- first and foremost......Cast ability

- wind knot prevention

- life expectancy if one is fishing 3-4 days a week

- bang for the buck

Thanks in advance

I’ve been fishing 6 weeks with Suffix 832 on one reel and Power Pro SS V2 on the other. I’ve been fishing at least 5 times a week off the kayak, boat, pier and beach depending on the day. Both have been used pretty much equally and the new power pro seems to be outperforming the Suffix in every aspect. Casting distance, knot strength, durability and I haven’t had a wind knot yet with the power pro super slick v2.

That being said, 6 weeks isn’t a long time at all and it’s still something like $40 for 300 yards which isn’t cheap but I will still gladly pay the extra money next time I spool up.

Also, I don’t know if it matters to you but it holds its color much better than any of the lines of previously used.

Edited by ASrod

If you can dream it, I can meme it.

18 mins ago, ASrod said:

I’ve been fishing 6 weeks with Suffix 832 on one reel and Power Pro SS V2 on the other. I’ve been fishing at least 5 times a week off the kayak, boat, pier and beach depending on the day. Both have been used pretty much equally and the new power pro seems to be outperforming the Suffix in every aspect. Casting distance, knot strength, durability and I haven’t had a wind knot yet with the power pro super slick v2.

That being said, 6 weeks isn’t a long time at all and it’s still something like $40 for 300 yards which isn’t cheap but I will still gladly pay the extra money next time I spool up.

Also, I don’t know if it matters to you but it holds its color much better than any of the lines of previously used.

Get back to us when you catch your first fish on these lines :p

Sufix 832 has been working very well for me over the last 5 years. I’ve been using mostly #15, 30, 40 and 50 on a variety of reels. 

Very happy with it. I actually had Izor spectra in #30 on my Saltist 5000 for 3 or 4 days on a recent trip and I wasn’t really happy with it. Izor is a line a lot of people use here in SoCal and it’s really a very good line in a lot of respects but it doesn’t seem to be the best line for spinning reels. I took it off and put on Sufix 832 in #30 and my issues went away. I was making much longer casts that felt much smoother, the line was coming back on the reel much better too. 

Power Pro Super Slick V2 line is a line that consistently gets great reviews from guys using spinning gear on a bunch of different forums and I want to eventually give it a shot. 

But I think sufix 832 is a fantastic line that holds up very well in the surf and I’ll be happy to continue using it. 

(*member previously known as 'SoCalStripers')

2 mins ago, GuiltyAsCharged said:

He spent years in Italy, I believe, without catching a fish.He can clarify for you if you would like more info captain.

4 years, fished every chance I had and couldn’t catch anything other than one scorpionfish while on vacation elsewhere. It’s no secret either.

If you can dream it, I can meme it.