coastalfreak

Favorite thing about the surf.

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

Just thought this would be fun. 

What's your favorite thing about the surf? What keeps you coming back?

The waves? The fish themselves? The breeze and the sunshine?

For me, it’s the total package.  If I had to pick one thing, perhaps the sound.  I never get tired of listening to the ocean.

The sunrise, smell and sounds, never will I get tired of this.  Just add a couple of fish breaking and chasing top water plugs an it’s perfection. 

29C7C132-4478-4C02-A1A8-14CBC1082BD4.jpeg

15 mins ago, LSP552 said:

For me, it’s the total package.  If I had to pick one thing, perhaps the sound.  I never get tired of listening to the ocean.

I agree. It's so relaxing. 

All of the above.  Also like seeing the seasons change through the changes in species, bait, and birds.  Nature puts on quite a show, being tuned in and focused on it has allowed me to experience some really amazing things most people would miss.

The waves, imagining how fish might be set up on structure to make an educated cast, seeing bait being worked where they’re jumping out the water, seeing bass tails flopping out the water when feeding, oh and the feeling you get when you see some good white water. :hooked:

Posted (edited) · Report post

As a fisherman: the peace, watching wave patterns, the breeze, the smell of salt air, waiting to see the rod bent.

As a surfer: that feeling of pure bliss and connection to the ocean that can hardly be described.

As a drinker: the beer.

Edited by Badtothebugs

Yes to all of the above.  It is especially nice when you can start the day watching that sunrise and maybe catch a whale or dolphin roll by.  An hour or two of peaceful morning bliss help the days tragedies stay bearable.

To me there is just something about that white wash as waves recede, I love seeing mole crabs coming up to feed, and pompano coming into feed on coquina clams and such. It truly is one of a kind.