Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
troutworm

Spotburning ?

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

This morning on WBZ Radio,3:15 am,Bradley J. asked if anyone knew how he might

get started in fishing.A guy called in and told him everything in the world about the

canal,I mean locations,parking areas,pole #s,where the the hottest spots were etc.

This dude left nothing out,except who he was.Would this be spotburning at it's best ?

Posted (edited) · Report post

:laugh:

I heard that........

Worst part is, you could tell he had no clue on fishing the canal...........

And Bradley would hate the crowds and hassle, anyway....he needs to stick to Jamaica Pond ("Can I eat the fish from there? ".....:laugh::upck: )

Edited by Steve in Mass

I can't tell you how many times I've listened to Bradley J during the odd hours of the morning while going to or returning from fishing trips.

1 min ago, aglenn said:

I think at this point the word canal qualifies as a spot burn. 7 miles or however long it is just got thrown out the window

The Canal was always a spot burn. Just like every other fishing spot. Those who said otherwise in the past or today look like damn fools.......

2 mins ago, Hook I said:

As long as there was no mention of pole # 87 , then its Ok . Was it mentioned ? 

It was #95.... wait #59 maybe? Or I think it was #88.... memory is a little foggy at 3:15am.

1 min ago, foxfai said:

It was #95.... wait #59 maybe? Or I think it was #88.... memory is a little foggy at 3:15am.

I read a book ( no name mentioned ) 1960’s  about a famous Surfcaster who spent his life fishing the Cape . The pole # was in detail to the tide and moon to the lures used . Hand draw pictures of almost every rock along the shoreline Sure times have changed but when it’s time to make a few $$

why not .  

Posted (edited) · Report post

I drive every night for work from about 2 AM till 6..... Bradley and crew keeps me company, and then Morgan on Saturday morning. Been listening for years, and know all the regular callers...........have even called myself a couple times.......

Edited by Steve in Mass

20 hours ago, Hook I said:

As long as there was no mention of pole # 87 , then its Ok . Was it mentioned ? 

yeah by you. :p

Cape cod has SIX HUNDRED miles of coastline, most of which go untouched by fisherman, and yet everyone complains about spotburning the 7 miles of canal where 5000 people show up on a Saturday morning and stand shoulder to shoulder for the entire length of it. Listening to you guys complain about spot burning on the single most heavily fished piece of water in the northeast is rich. 

22 mins ago, Topwatercowboy said:

Cape cod has SIX HUNDRED miles of coastline, most of which go untouched by fisherman, and yet everyone complains about spotburning the 7 miles of canal where 5000 people show up on a Saturday morning and stand shoulder to shoulder for the entire length of it. Listening to you guys complain about spot burning on the single most heavily fished piece of water in the northeast is rich. 

Folks just want their peace and quiet back.
They just want to be able to fish without a hassle.

The canal is the most heavily fished piece of water where people fish shoulder to shoulder precisely because of these reports, spot burns, whatever you want to call them.  It wasn't like that before.  I think that itself is worth bemoaning and the folks that call the place their home have a legit beef in my opinion.    Frankly someone coming here into a thread to complain about those complaining is even more rich.    You've come here to ruin them complaining about what they had being ruined, and you haven't lost anything!

21 mins ago, pogie_boy said:

^^This. Size doesn't even matter to me anymore, at least in fishing. :witty:

58 mins ago, pogie_boy said:

The canal is the most heavily fished piece of water where people fish shoulder to shoulder precisely because of these reports, spot burns, whatever you want to call them.  It wasn't like that before.  I think that itself is worth bemoaning and the folks that call the place their home have a legit beef in my opinion.    Frankly someone coming here into a thread to complain about those complaining is even more rich.    You've come here to ruin them complaining about what they had being ruined, and you haven't lost anything!

These canal spotburning posts are like weeds in all the forums. new posts about the same thing every day. Maybe my post will convince one guy to drive by the canal, and go fish an empty beach, of which there is 560 miles of on the the cape alone.