LoneCaster

Tsunami SaltX Surf Rod?

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, dennysnook said:

It looks like a good rod for the money, good build quality, but did seem a little soft for my liking so discarded it when I picked it up as something I didn't need and didn't give it much attention. Guy in video is a good friend of mine who I made some vids with last week, so can get the breakdown from him and give it another visit before I report back.

I'd like to hear a real world review , Denny. I believe Joey is pro staff ,had to take his word with a grain of salt. (no pun intended) lol

Just watching the video I can tell it's stiffer than the AW Elite 9,6 which I've been loving for 3 years. I've caught some really big stripers on the 9,6 AWE but it would be hard pressed against a giant Tarpon. Love the locking reel seat on the SaltX. They loosen up on all my rods which results in over-tightening and deformation. I can't understand why all high/mid-range makers don't use them. The SaltX 9,6 looks like a winner to me and I think it's my next rod purchase to pair with a VR50. 

3 hours ago, beerdoh said:

Just watching the video I can tell it's stiffer than the AW Elite 9,6 which I've been loving for 3 years. I've caught some really big stripers on the 9,6 AWE but it would be hard pressed against a giant Tarpon. Love the locking reel seat on the SaltX. They loosen up on all my rods which results in over-tightening and deformation. I can't understand why all high/mid-range makers don't use them. The SaltX 9,6 looks like a winner to me and I think it's my next rod purchase to pair with a VR50. 

Interesting.....how floppy is the aw elite?  The tiralejo is far from what i'd call a fast action and the salt x is significantly slower and loads much deeper much easier.

On 11/25/2019 at 0:18 PM, scoobydoo said:

Interesting.....how floppy is the aw elite?  The tiralejo is far from what i'd call a fast action and the salt x is significantly slower and loads much deeper much easier.

I was looking mainly at the flex of the rod with a big fish on. The AW Elite would have been doubled over with a big Tarpon on. The SaltX looks to have more backbone...