Mike

Impossible Whopper

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

ive got nothing against it from "those damn liberals" perspective...... if its good and a healthier alternative, id give it a go, as long as someone I trusted suggested it....

honestly though, as I get older, and especially since I started eating better and getting back in the gym.... fast food kind of grosses me out. 

I made the switch to salads with bacon and chicken for lunch. Sometimes switch it up and do a wrap. But some fast food still tastes good. Chick-fil-a and taco smell chicken quesadillas will always be on my menu 

4 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

ive got nothing against it from "those damn liberals" perspective...... if its good and a healthier alternative, id give it a go, as long as someone I trusted suggested it....

honestly though, as I get older, and especially since I started eating better and getting back in the gym.... fast food kind of grosses me out. 

Generally speaking as fast food go's BK isn't the absolute grossest (that would be Taco Bell) 

1 min ago, HugeDinghy said:

id take a whopper over a McDonalds burger any day, but if I want a burger, im not going to either joint. 

$10 for the Impossible whopper meal... I could make myself a real nice burger at home for $10

32 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

$10 for the Impossible whopper meal... I could make myself a real nice burger at home for $10

what fast food charges for food vs. what it would take to make at home is why I stopped eating fast food.

it's got to be garbage quality to push it out as cheap as they do,

plus pay for the building and labor.

44 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

ive got nothing against it from "those damn liberals" perspective...... if its good and a healthier alternative, id give it a go, 

Define healthier

"A regular Whopper has 660 calories while the Impossible Whopper has 630 calories. The regular Whopper has 40 grams of fat compared to 34 grams of fat for the Impossible Whopper. So those are very similar."

The Whopper has 28 grams of protein compared to 25 for the Impossible Whopper. 

"Now the difference again is in the carbohydrates and in the sodium," said Stafford.  "The carbohydrates in a regular Whopper are 49 whereas the Impossible Whopper has 58.  Usually when you're having something vegetarian, you're thinking it is made with vegetables and it is going to be lower in carbs.  But in this case, the Impossible Whopper is higher in carbohydrates."

And then there's the sodium content in the two burgers. 

"The Whopper has 980 milligrams of sodium while the Impossible Whopper has 1240 milligrams," said Stafford. 

24 mins ago, Tom T said:

Define healthier

"A regular Whopper has 660 calories while the Impossible Whopper has 630 calories. The regular Whopper has 40 grams of fat compared to 34 grams of fat for the Impossible Whopper. So those are very similar."

The Whopper has 28 grams of protein compared to 25 for the Impossible Whopper. 

"Now the difference again is in the carbohydrates and in the sodium," said Stafford.  "The carbohydrates in a regular Whopper are 49 whereas the Impossible Whopper has 58.  Usually when you're having something vegetarian, you're thinking it is made with vegetables and it is going to be lower in carbs.  But in this case, the Impossible Whopper is higher in carbohydrates."

And then there's the sodium content in the two burgers. 

"The Whopper has 980 milligrams of sodium while the Impossible Whopper has 1240 milligrams," said Stafford. 

Jeez thats over your daily amount of sodium for the day. I passed a bk today and there was so much smoke coming out of the roof I thought it was on fire.