Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chrisabbatiello

What do you think?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Every summer we have ladies and gentlemen combing the beachs with seine nets tacking bait fish form shore.  Now I understand a few but this is like a commercial operation.  One night I counted 15 buckets full or bait fish of all kinds.  Does this happen on your beach too?  Do you think the state should put a limit on this?   Many times they take short fluke, bass, and to many blues, peanuts.  But other wise they or not breaking any rules.  Except they do not have parking permits or fishing licenses.   

What do you think?

20190813_002419.jpg

20190813_000105.jpg

Doesn’t surprise me..look up my post from couple years ago about the crabbing situation at the Captree pier. Freakin savages !!

Posted (edited) · Report post

I pay $65 for a night permit, $80 for a 4x4, $65 for a empire, $30 for a green key, $100 for outer beach...… yet its rare to see the parking situation or poaching being enforced.

I bet the bait gets ground into herbal remedies or to become freezer burned soup.

Edited by GarbageFish

Funny thing is Garbage.... our luck, the one single day you forget to put your night permit in your window because you were distracted is the day you get the ticket.

Go ahead... ask me how I know

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, IslandSurf said:

Honestly who cares....Let them have there spearing...

As mentioned above they take all.   Small bass, fluke and over limit on peanuts and blues/snappers.  

As the season goes on the buckets will fill up with peanuts and snappers.

Edited by Chrisabbatiello

16 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Funny thing is Garbage.... our luck, the one single day you forget to put your night permit in your window because you were distracted is the day you get the ticket.

Go ahead... ask me how I know

Dude I was at the docks twice and got the ticket because of window condensation...….

Another time the dbag ranger snuck up to my car while I was facing the water casting and started writing me a ticket without realizing I had it on my sun visor..

33 mins ago, GarbageFish said:

Dude I was at the docks twice and got the ticket because of window condensation...….

Another time the dbag ranger snuck up to my car while I was facing the water casting and started writing me a ticket without realizing I had it on my sun visor..

No big deal.  Just send the ticket with a copy of the permit and they will dismiss it.

But do you think people should take bucket loads of bait fish?  

3 hours ago, Chrisabbatiello said:

No big deal.  Just send the ticket with a copy of the permit and they will dismiss it.

But do you think people should take bucket loads of bait fish?  

Not without a commercial license to do so.