jjdbike

Williamson Gomame Jig?

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, coastalfreak said:

How do you like to retrieve them?

For bonito and albies I keep the rod tip low just above surface of  water with a fast steady retrieve. Not burning it in but fast. Should mention I'm boat fishing not surf fishing  like you. 

21 hours ago, Beachglass Guru said:

Been using them for about 2 years.. I jig a lot and those are killer for seabass...

When you jig these vertically...do they spin much? Any issues with line twist? 

11 hours ago, GuiltyAsCharged said:

I agree with the Gomoku being a better albie jig. The price is right as well.

:agree:

How could these lures not be fish catchers? They're a lower cost alternative to the Hogy Epoxy jigs, which are somewhat legendary. The price is right because these units come from (produced) in South Africa. Given the responses in this thread,  I'm glad the question was asked.

17 hours ago, smellfish said:

They definitely work but I prefer the Gomoku jigs (no bend) which are also made by Williamson.

3B643E9D-C064-43F5-A43F-711192A0B2C9.png

Thanks,

I wish I'd have posted before I bought the others.

Now I know.

JD

11 hours ago, buddha162 said:

I use a similar lure for vertical jogging and that does happen.

16 hours ago, buddha162 said:

They flutter and fall slowly and erratically.. which would probably cause some twist.. but I have it rigged with a split ring and swivel.. I have lots of similar jigs rigged the same way.. most of my lures as well..

Thanks for posting about these.  They seem interesting and perhaps an alternative to a deadly dick.  I ordered a few and will be able to try them out (casting and jigging) next weekend.  Also...big fan of pink lures, not sure why, but they just seem to work.

I fish these too. Aji. And ayu colors   Caught my 1st Spanish Mac the other day as well as many albies the past few years. I find stopping it for a second or 2 will trigger a strike sometimes. Great value. 

C4ABFB6F-A187-44D3-B507-BF2E9DF8292B.jpeg

On 8/15/2019 at 1:35 PM, smellfish said:

They definitely work but I prefer the Gomoku jigs (no bend) which are also made by Williamson.

3B643E9D-C064-43F5-A43F-711192A0B2C9.png

How do these swim?  Do they have a pronounced wobble to them?

8 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

How do these swim?  Do they have a pronounced wobble to them?

These swim similar to the rest of these style jigs . Slight wobble which causes a flash when retrieved a a quick pace. The slender shape allows the jig to be fished quickly without the rolling out like a wider profile bait. These cast amazingly well and they are fairly inexpensive and they catch ... three characteristics that are what I look for in a bait.

7 hours ago, smellfish said:

These swim similar to the rest of these style jigs . Slight wobble which causes a flash when retrieved a a quick pace. The slender shape allows the jig to be fished quickly without the rolling out like a wider profile bait. These cast amazingly well and they are fairly inexpensive and they catch ... three characteristics that are what I look for in a bait.

thanks smell..........