jjdbike

Williamson Gomame Jig?

Rate this topic

74 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

Trying to build up my surf palejic options. Just picked up a couple of these Williamson Gomame jigs in 3/4 & 1.7 oz. To my eyes they are realistic looking, have an intersteing bend that looks thay they would swim or wobble through the water and are pretty solid metal that would hold up to small blues (though I'm sure finish will get chewed up). They also look like they'll cast a mile. To me they look similar to Hogay Epoxy jigs, perhaps a tad less realistic, but more durable and probably cast better.

Anyone here have any expereince w/ these? Any good in surf for Spanish, Bones, Albies, Blues? Any tipe on how to fish them?

JD

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

Not sure that bend makes them swim like it would if they were soft plastic...but it does make them look like they are moving :) I’d love to see them in a test tank with dye to see how moving water reacts to that shape...since that’s unlikely I’m gonna buy a few and see how they wiggle :)

I will say that’s by far my favorite color and an excellent profile for all the shiny things right up to and including bluefin tuna :drool: 

TimS

57 mins ago, TonyO said:

They work very well on your taget

34 mins ago, TimS said:

Not sure that bend makes them swim like it would if they were soft plastic...but it does make them look like they are moving :) I’d love to see them in a test tank with dye to see how moving water reacts to that shape...since that’s unlikely I’m gonna buy a few and see how they wiggle :)

I will say that’s by far my favorite color and an excellent profile for all the shiny things right up to and including bluefin tuna :drool: 

TimS

Thanks guys,

I'll report back.

JD

Been using them for about 2 years.. I jig a lot and those are killer for seabass... Mack's can't seem to stay away from them either.. 

I don't really cast them much but the few times I've thrown them at blues that came around the boat they got chewed up pretty badly. I wouldn't consider them to be durable, but they're cheap enough.. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I use Williamson Surface Pro lures all the time oops I hope that's not a lure burn use them on stripers when I can find them

Edited by Ditchbag

My personal favorite metal. They are the 1st lure I throw for bonito and albies. Casts a country mile. Pink is my personal favorite in the medium sized(1.2oz) gomami. But all sizes/colors work. Also they catch pretty much every other species. Have gotten tog, sea bass, fluke, scup, sea robin's, blues, stripers, assorted tropical Jack's and banded rudderfish.

1 hour ago, Chris76 said:

My personal favorite metal. They are the 1st lure I throw for bonito and albies. Casts a country mile. Pink is my personal favorite in the medium sized(1.2oz) gomami. But all sizes/colors work. Also they catch pretty much every other species. Have gotten tog, sea bass, fluke, scup, sea robin's, blues, stripers, assorted tropical Jack's and banded rudderfish.

1 hour ago, Shipwreck said:

Been using them for years.

Cool, thanks gents.

JD

2 hours ago, Chris76 said:

How do you like to retrieve them?

Posted (edited) · Report post

They look very similar to the "Stingsilver" from Scandinavia that has been around forever. I used those as a kid for snappers, mackerel and schoolies

Edited by SC

They work!

I still prefer epoxy jigs larger profile with a lighter weight because they are not all metal.  You can work an epoxy slower.

But they all catch in right time and place

12 hours ago, Ditchbag said:

I use Williamson Surface Pro lures all the time oops I hope that's not a lure burn use them on stripers when I can find them

Lure burn!  Lure burn!  

;)