JerseyMike609

Gulp Alternatives!

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

Just a note: none of the Zman plastics are "infused" with anything. Once the procure washes off that's that. Some soft plastics (Keitech for instance) does have oils and flavors baked into the plastisol.

Gulp is not plastic, its material is entirely water soluble, and unlike all the oil-based scents of various soft plastics it actually disperses in water...there are no other analogous products on the market today. As @odiemike86 pointed out, Yozuri had Excite-a-Bite which was a similar water-based product...and Rapala had Trigger X walleye and saltwater stuff. Neither lasted more than a couple of years before they were discontinued. 

My primary use of Gulp is fluking in the surf with jigs or bucktails.  Before I started using Gulp I'd use a regular twister tail with a small strip of squid added for mouth appeal.  It worked well then and I've gone back to it this season.  Until Gulp improves their product that's what I'll be using.

2 mins ago, Dan Tinman said:

My primary use of Gulp is fluking in the surf with jigs or bucktails.  Before I started using Gulp I'd use a regular twister tail with a small strip of squid added for mouth appeal.  It worked well then and I've gone back to it this season.  Until Gulp improves their product that's what I'll be 

I'd like to make my own plastics and put the mesh cloth that fishbites uses threw the whole lenght of it,I've always wished Berkley would do something like that but they have been going in the complete opposite direction.I wouldnt even care if they raised the price I'd rather pay more for a quality product than less for a **** one.

3 hours ago, buddha162 said:

Just a note: none of the Zman plastics are "infused" with anything. Once the procure washes off that's that. Some soft plastics (Keitech for instance) does have oils and flavors baked into the plastisol.

Gulp is not plastic, its material is entirely water soluble, and unlike all the oil-based scents of various soft plastics it actually disperses in water...there are no other analogous products on the market today. As @odiemike86 pointed out, Yozuri had Excite-a-Bite which was a similar water-based product...and Rapala had Trigger X walleye and saltwater stuff. Neither lasted more than a couple of years before they were discontinued. 

That is very interesting and I'm curious as to why no one els has anything similar.Patents mabye?

18 hours ago, buddha162 said:

Not true............their scented baits are "impregnated" with Pro-Cure !

On 8/16/2019 at 1:42 PM, yogiiiboy said:

Not true............their scented baits are "impregnated" with Pro-Cure !

it might say that on the package, but once the procure washes off it's just plain elaztech. 

5 hours ago, JerseyMike609 said:

I know you said zman is impregnated with scent but you dont think it will absorb scent do you? ?

Absorb?  Probably not......it’s a plastic that’s basically impenetrable.  Once the fish bites it that’s where the magic begins :th:

1 hour ago, buddha162 said:

it might say that on the package, but once the procure washes off it's just plain elaztech. 

It’s “in” the baits plastic......not only is it “on” the bait....it’s “in” the bait :th: