Albie flies 2019

Rate this topic

Seadogg

I’m starting to get the itch. They’re only a couple weeks away so I’m stocking up. I’ve been tying a bunch of albie whores lately, but I had a vision for something smaller this afternoon. These flies are for those days where the fish are difficult. Hopefully they catch. 

Congo hair tail, pearl ez body, pearl lateral flash, then a dubbed collar. The head is albie whore style, finished with hot glue. Definitely tying up a few more. 

Lets see some more. It’s almost time!  

D12F96BD-5447-44C0-86F4-75F77EE54A46.jpeg

They're nice!  I think they look like Peanuts but ...hey I could be wrong.  

Usually when I find them on the 'nuts they're a little bit easier to catch....right?  Early September.

Maybe I'm wrong in what I'm seeing.....is your fly more geared to resemble rain bait or 'chovies?

Either way I'm sure you're putting fish on the wand.  Good luck!

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

The dubbing’s a little fluffy when they’re dry but in the water I think they’ll slim down a bit. Very translucent too. The top one was the first I tied, sort of experimental. The second one was the same, but tan instead of pearl. The bottom one was pretty much intended as a chovy. Tan dubbing and defined lateral line. We’ll have to wait and see how they perform. 

Tons of peanut bunker in my area right now. I’m anticipating a good run. 

I love the peanut bunker phase of the funny season.   Thanks for explaining your fly.   Let us know how it works out for ya.

Good luck out there Seadogg.   

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:01 PM, Seadogg said:

D12F96BD-5447-44C0-86F4-75F77EE54A46.jpeg

Seadogg,

Outstanding work!  spot on match for bay anchoivies.  I fish in Long Island Sound primarily and your flies are nearly identical to what the fish chase here.

Post pics of when you start slaying them! 

C