Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

No Lamiglas heavers?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I'm struck that in the rod chat I see here and in DelMarVa, no one mentions Lamiglas. There is one GSB rod that they rate for loads up to 8 oz., but is it the case that Lami's current lineup does not include a rod or blank that's really suitable for eight and bait?

Find yourself a yellow 3m blank some where or graphite Gmsb The 10 footers make good heavers/ Stop by the house and you can see some that still work where we once had to be-able to cast up to 10 ounces with no p[roblems

1502mh. Gsb 6-16 12’6. One of he original (best) heavers.  Go to rod 15-20 years ago.  Guys would cut 3in from tip to stiffen it up a little.  Can still buy blank on lamiglas website.

On 8/13/2019 at 8:49 PM, luyber said:

1502mh. Gsb 6-16 12’6. One of he original (best) heavers.  Go to rod 15-20 years ago.  Guys would cut 3in from tip to stiffen it up a little.  Can still buy blank on lamiglas website.

Yep, I had one a long time ago.  Worked very well if you like a slow/moderate action.  A handful of guys still use them to this day, along with a few GSB1361s, but imho they don't hold a candle to the newer CCPs, CTS, Centurys(etc), as far as casting distance goes.  Red Drum Tackle used to be the main builder of the Lamiglas rods, and I'm not sure if they still do or not.  I think even they went to Daiwa Ballistic and CTS.