Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

Market Basket lobsters

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Had an order ready for me 2 weeks ago, was told I better reserve them (4) , on a Sunday night....

Got home, too busy to go back, but one lob was not looking too good,,,,,,,cooked it......was wasted white mush meat.......total junk.

Now the thing is, when I came in, within an hour of my expected time to come in, I asked to have them please select the largest ones available, she handed me a plastic bag with them already in it......sitting on the counter....along with about 50 others.

My bad for not checking.

so, don't do that!

5 mins ago, FishRatz said:

Had an order ready for me 2 weeks ago, was told I better reserve them (4) , on a Sunday night....

Got home, too busy to go back, but one lob was not looking too good,,,,,,,cooked it......was wasted white mush meat.......total junk.

Now the thing is, when I came in, within an hour of my expected time to come in, I asked to have them please select the largest ones available, she handed me a plastic bag with them already in it......sitting on the counter....along with about 50 others.

My bad for not checking.

so, don't do that!

$6 a lb, no doubt these are shedders. At that price I guess there has to be implied caveat emptor.

I picked up 4 of them on Sunday.   They already had a pile of dead ones laid out near the totes.   One was so soft, I put my thumb through it’s carapace just picking it up to put it in the steamer.

They weren’t loaded with meat, nor did I expect them to be.  But they made a few decent meals.

I've bought them in the past for cheap. Not the best for a lobster dinner. But fine for lobster rolls. I used the shells and leftover meat to make a lobster corn chowder that turned out nice.

Sunday at the Plymouth MB, I took one look at them and instead decided on a pound of the dry $13.99 a pound scallops.

Turned around in line and K Foley was standing right behind me.  I swear this guy knows when I'm in that store.

4 hours ago, bob_G said:

Not the best for a lobster dinner. But fine for lobster rolls.

They’re also damn good for stir fried dishes.  I made a Cantonese-style Lobster last week with em.

E4FABC51-247C-4EB3-AD72-E7E4C5B44E23.jpeg