Bob fishhead Sproul

Great spots that no longer exist.

Rate this topic

87 posts in this topic

I did not fish there 20-30 years ago, wish I did. But I am still curious what spot was hot. Not sure why so cryptic, but definitely sad to see a good spot disappear.

The corner of Neptune Ave.....You could throw straight out or north/south parallel to the shoreline and it seemed like there was always a bass or two there. It's buried now.

2 hours ago, HardyG said:

The corner of Neptune Ave.....You could throw straight out or north/south parallel to the shoreline and it seemed like there was always a bass or two there. It's buried now.

Missed ×100

20 hours ago, CharlieK said:

When I got to the bottom there once I met a young lady topless.  I don' t think I caught anything that day, but I missed about 22 hits. I  guess my mind wasn't on it.

Charlie, same place, and I'm out on the jetty fluke fishing, and on my way on I had passed a couple, who were just sitting on the rocks. Later, I noticed they had moved to a blanket on the sand, and later still, I see her laying on her belly, he's on top of her, and there is just a hint of motion, not much. Very discreet. Shortly after that, more motion, less discretion, and shortly after that, no discretion whatsoever and it's full out doggy at 6 in the evening around this time of year. They didn't care, they were too far gone.

Meanwhile, 15 feet above them, the lady of the house strolls out to the edge of her deck, drink in hand, wanders down one way, comes back, hears some noise and looks down just as they're finishing up. She yells at them, and......this is my favorite part....they jump up, give each other a big old high five, grab their clothes and scamper away.

I didn't catch many fish either

I’m beach and boat fishermen, great spot lost is the Ambrose Tower - great inshore offshore spot for s small boater . 

That structure was a fish magnet. Shame they removed it and cut its legs clear to the bottom.

41 mins ago, BillH said:

I’m beach and boat fishermen, great spot lost is the Ambrose Tower - great inshore offshore spot for s small boater . 

That structure was a fish magnet. Shame they removed it and cut its legs clear to the bottom.

:wave:

34 mins ago, Bob fishhead Sproul said:

The old IRI bridge had supports in the water that held stripers. 

ph_04.jpg.b55170d565a5c2a7b281c1f49b431845.jpgIndian_River_Inlet_Bridge_Aerial.jpg.3e1b2a639bdf7c07f2e29d49842988c7.jpg

There's another one the north jetty breaks? Fishing either side of the bridge abutments.. spent a bunch of time there this spring. Just not the same