fishtheeast

New Lamiglas Carbon Surf

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Seen the prototype up close in person at a local fishing show back in March. My first impression was how light they were. The rod has a parabolic feel from whipping it around. It comes in 7 different models including a heavy version for the canal and I believe they all come in a 2 piece 70/30 split. The starting price is at $199 for the 9 footer. From what I believe these blanks were designed in USA and manufactured overseas hence the 5 year warranty.

On 8/14/2019 at 11:35 PM, Dah seee said:

Seen the prototype up close in person at a local fishing show back in March. My first impression was how light they were. The rod has a parabolic feel from whipping it around. It comes in 7 different models including a heavy version for the canal and I believe they all come in a 2 piece 70/30 split. The starting price is at $199 for the 9 footer. From what I believe these blanks were designed in USA and manufactured overseas hence the 5 year warranty.

From your recollection are they using Fuji K-frame guides or another brand?

8 hours ago, bajanfish said:

From your recollection are they using Fuji K-frame guides or another brand?

Unfortunately Non Fuji K frame guides but a generic brand. I was told this was done to keep the cost lower to attract more buyers and to stay competitive with other brands in that price range.