Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ORourke

Please Help Conflict ii lc5000

9 posts in this topic

First off, beautiful reel, I love it. I have put it through its paces this season on the east end of long island. From the ocean surf, back bay beaches, docks, jetties and bulk heads. Ive caught everything from stripers to porgeys. My casting distance has improved and line lay is perfect everytime, even when pencil popping. I am very happy with my purchase and recommend to everyone.

Now for my problem, nothing big and no issues mechanically. I just lost part number 233a, the handle cap while fishing tonight. I didnt notice till I was home and about to wipe down my gear. Please let me know what can be done, Im at a loss and cant fish the reel for fear of water, sand, dirt and or debri intrusion. Thank you in advance for your time and help.

ORourke you'll have to order that part from somewhere tomorrow. I don't think we're allowed to give name of retailers here so you'll have to search. I suggest starting at Penn's company website and see if there is a service provider in your area you could call and maybe drive to. Or just order it overnight from a parts provider. But you might want to call them tomorrow morning and make sure they have part before ordering as you wouldn't want to place an order for a backordered part. Maybe their website will tell you whether it's in stock. 

I lost that part off a Battle but I saw it fall off not sure how it got loose but dang that was a tough one. It disappeared in the surf. 

2 hours ago, JButts said:

ORourke can you post pic of your conflict LC line lay? Did you spool it up yourself using the reel?

Sure and yes, spooled it up myself using this spooling setup my gf got me for christmas.

20190813_160449.jpg

20190813_160650.jpg

On 8/13/2019 at 5:49 AM, PENN Fishing said:

Part # 1339570 handle cap is currently out of stock, however the first shop on our approved Parts Vendor does have it in stock. 

http://www.pennfishing.com/PENN-parts.html

tony

Is the replacement cap the same color as the reel itself or is it the black and gold of the clash?  I received my replacement cap today from one of the authorized dealers from your site and it is black and gold.  I really hope its not the black and gold cause it makes the reel ugly and does not go together.

20190815_182534.jpg

Edited by ORourke