Al_Dente

WTB Travel Surf Rod. Spinning.

12 posts in this topic

Looking to buy a travel (3,4pc) surf rod for a trip I’m taking. Open to whatever length anyone may have as long as it’s spinning. Looking to keep it under $120, and throws in the 1/2-2 range. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Al_Dente said:

Looking to buy a travel (3,4pc) surf rod for a trip I’m taking. Open to whatever length anyone may have as long as it’s spinning. Looking to keep it under $120, and throws in the 1/2-2 range. Thanks!

Where are you located?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking into travel surf rods recently, ended up grabbing a Triumph 9’ off the auction site.  Those are going to cost more than you’re looking to spend though.  At that price point take a look at the Tsunami TSTSS-933M.  It’s a 3 pc for under $100, and might be fine for your needs, esp if it’s not something you’re going to be using all the time.  I was close to buying one just for something to throw in the beach cart when I’m on the Cape with the family.  Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have Albright 10' 4pc rod in sturdy tube case w/ cordura cover. 

don't remember exact rating, but pretty sure it's within your desired range. 

I can check at home if interested. 

Edited by misha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are just looking for a cheap travel rod, Mako has telescoping rods up to 9 ft for under $50 bucks. Are they a "surf" rod, NO, are they great rods, NO,but will they get the job done in a pinch and fit easily into a carry on or suitcase, YES!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mcdonams said:

At that price point take a look at the Tsunami TSTSS-933M.  It’s a 3 pc for under $100, and might be fine for your needs, esp if it’s not something you’re going to be using all the time.

I have owned 2- first one snapped on a cast but tsunami warrantied it and I still have the second.  I like it a lot, it casts and feels great imo, but am wondering if the failure of rod #1 was a fluke or not.  Haven't put the second one through much testing yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sbcbmx112 said:

I have owned 2- first one snapped on a cast but tsunami warrantied it and I still have the second.  I like it a lot, it casts and feels great imo, but am wondering if the failure of rod #1 was a fluke or not.  Haven't put the second one through much testing yet.

More likely a seal than a fluke....unless it was a really big fluke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you ever come to Jersey ?

I have a Tsunami TSTSS-933M I just picked up for the Alaska cruise I just got back from

Never even took it out of the case

Few casts on the grass at home, other than that brand new

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.