fishinbill

Funny Fish, 2019

Rate this topic

644 posts in this topic

21 mins ago, z-man said:

Will this storm be the end of funny fish 2019?

That first chill week with frost on our windshields for a few days will be the start of the exit.  November more than likely. As of one day ago there was bunches on south cape, rhody and CT.  

Edited by The Riddler

I believe its worth looking in the morning.  May hit Rhody or further West. Sometimes those Albacore will head way up rivers and bays. Where ever you think will have the best clarity. 

They are around you just have to think inside the box and not outside in the open water. These were albies under the birds. Had a brief shot at them before the tide took the bait  out of reach 

255FF6B4-8E59-4CB1-A3FC-3C75C9193BA3.jpeg

Front slowly edging eastward. Will kick Melissa out to sea and make for calmer Sunday with improved water clarity.

savetweetvid_EGs_8QQXkAEF_y_.gif.744b735f160a390df17c0bd38d2bf545.gif

Bays and harbors should clear up first, followed by out front. 

Seas down to 5.9 at Block, after peaking near 18ft

5da239659f77a_plot_met(11).png.2154530ef6360bd46021bda5bb90a1c3.png

1 hour ago, cj7fisherman said:

I'm going for sure sunday and monday. I figure I'll buy some green crabs for tog but bring my albie rod in case they pop up.

Same here. When I was out gathering crabs, the water was murky, but not too bad. 

Weekend Albie Streak over....east rhody has plenty of clarity bait and bass but no core today nothing seen. Once you get tooNewport visibility green until 1/2 mile out.  Narragansett fair visibility, no action. East and West Wall Green Out.  Did not see much in the way of weed.  

Edited by The Riddler

Covered nearly 70 miles on the south side. Clear, cold water under 60 degrees, with little to no bait. Abundant jellyfish and plankton. Saw 7 fish total, made one cast that was while a fish was in range. Shore fish will be the best bang for the buck at this point  because the fat lady is singing. 

Edited by gabe