Funny Fish, 2019

Rate this topic

fishinbill

Got into them for 10 minutes real good late Sunday morning. Hooked  4 and landed 3. Then the fog rolled in fast and bite shut off completely. Thought I was going to have a 20 fish day at first. Was fun while it lasted and delicious meal last night so can't complain.20190818_112602.jpg.60063a488c537f2ff3dfa324325fd568.jpg

19 mins ago, Chris76 said:

Got into them for 10 minutes real good late Sunday morning. Hooked  4 and landed 3. Then the fog rolled in fast and bite shut off completely. Thought I was going to have a 20 fish day at first. Was fun while it lasted and delicious meal last night so can't complain.20190818_112602.jpg.60063a488c537f2ff3dfa324325fd568.jpg

How do you like to cook them?

You’re not some crazy uncle you know!

I'm so glad I don't live in the fact-less bizarro world you live in...just sayin'.

Theres a ginger/teriyaki rub I use but I'm sure many different ones work. Cook with oil in cast iron skillet turning it 4 times but very fast for rare and a little  longer if you don't like that. Also you can cook on grill with foil on grate. Few minutes a side. I'm no expert cook but it's good eating fish. Like all other fish don't overcook 

No way to big.  Isn't that The Great Smoky Mountains?  

Edited by flylikabird

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

1 min ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

Everyone will be chasing bones instead of bass this weekend in the canal. Any outflow or inlet on Cape cod has bones right now.

Most that I,m seeing look about 2 pounds. They don’t even pull drag until 4 lbs. 

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 0:29 PM, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

They must be in thick my 8 year old nephew caught one in the canal this morning

Screenshot_20190814-122847_Messages.jpg

Nice.   Noticed the sweatshirt.  Did you do the Father's day tournament this spring?  Fished it with two of my kids for the first time. 

58 mins ago, notime said:

Nice.   Noticed the sweatshirt.  Did you do the Father's day tournament this spring?  Fished it with two of my kids for the first time. 

Yes we did. It is a very well run tournament. He had a blast. He won 1st place last year for tog but this year he just missed out on placing with a seabass. He is still working on the tautog hook set. He can fish better than half of these dimwits on the canal:laugh:

1 hour ago, Tailslap said:

Most that I,m seeing look about 2 pounds. They don’t even pull drag until 4 lbs. 

I hear you. A few might be slightly bigger but no 3 to 6 lb class where I'm finding fish either. Got some nice ones the last 2 seasons pretty consistently.