Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wilgabeast

commercial tuna

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

25 mins ago, ged said:

Saw tuna steaks for $25/lb at Roche Brothers yesterday 

Bft and fyt $8.99lb at Fishermen's Market, New B.

3 hours ago, clambellies said:

It'll be interesting to see if the prices stay down what they'll say on Wicked Tuna this season.  

It will be like watching pro candlepin bowling.

"The boys from the Mackerel Slapper are now in the lead! With that 900 pounder, they now stand to make nearly $219 total for the season!"

11 hours ago, bob_G said:

Bft and fyt $8.99lb at Fishermen's Market, New B.

I've been looking all over for cheap  local bluefin.  All I hear is that tuna prices are in $3is / lb to the boat and some people could not find buyers.  I figured local fish stores would have it for $9.99, but, have not been able to find any and they look at me crazy when I ask.  Glad to know some of it is available locally, even if I am not driving to NB for it.

sam

1 min ago, sams said:

I've been looking all over for cheap  local bluefin.  All I hear is that tuna prices are in $3is / lb to the boat and some people could not find buyers.  I figured local fish stores would have it for $9.99, but, have not been able to find any and they look at me crazy when I ask.  Glad to know some of it is available locally, even if I am not driving to NB for it.

sam

We bought some the other day and it was yummy. I see another New Bedford trip in our future later this week to stock up on some more scallops and another chunk of tuna.

I was in NB last week and saw it for 16.99 at Kylers Catch. Somebody must be making substantial dinero on these fish because the boats were going broke selling them.

Opens back up tomorrow.I'm sure it will be a crowded mess of tv star wannabes.The ripping tides will suck but the projected winds look great.I hope to get a fish early and be home for breakfast.This quota will only last a few weeks,then there is the small october quota and we are done. 

99 and 601(with head). 5 and change without.

IMG_4441.jpg.6a9be0790b6a03286c4a5b2cb4b9f419.jpg

Landed overnight on the 1st. 3hrs into the quota.

20190901_024623.jpg.175a44baeeeeb9083dde48b429d76b85.jpg

Had to wait awhile for North Atlantic Traders, as the winch broke on their truck.