TopwaterPete

RIP Tred Barta

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I was just saddened to hear that Tred Barta passed away yesterday. Aside from his numerous IGFA records, the man was as devout an outdoorsman as it gets, and will be missed by the outdoors community. I'll never forget watching his show post-illness and just being absolutely dumbfound at his will to continue hunting and fishing. 

Figured I'd share as I know he had many fans and was a native New Yorker and Long Island fisherman. Apologies if this goes in the "In Memorium" section.

That sux!  I used to love watching his show along with Jose's Webe's show back in the day.   It's sad they're both gone now.  

Yeah I was amazed at the will of Tred to still participate in those sports after his illness.

RIP Mr. Barta

Pete, pretty sure he wasn't a member here,  and that forum is reserved for that. So no problem. He was a helluvan angler.

RIP

Wasn’t afraid to fling an arrow and miss. I liked this show, probably my favorite show, no informercial for him.  

Met him twice through mutual friend. Was supposed to tuna fish with him when he came down with the blood disorder.

He was one of a kind and will be missed

36 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Does anyone know what actually afflicted him, to cause his paralysis?

as I remember he had a spinal stroke.

sad to have seen that happen.

RIP Tred.

HH

I think he went for a hike near his house training for a hunt and started to have issues, and was paralyzed very quickly. He continued to hunt from his wheel chair.

“Never, never, never give up”