bob_G

Mini reverse atom

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, bob_G said:

Here's the mini reverse atom I was referring to in the squid thread. This plug is around 50 years old.  Keep in mind, this was not a Bob Pond plug. A very effective plug in it's time, even in spite of the screw eyes.

IMG_20190812_141249.jpg

If its not a issue,  do you think that you can photograph it next to a ruler....i looking for a little lathe project. Ill send ya some reproductions for your troubles 

7 mins ago, Vaporizor said:

If its not a issue,  do you think that you can photograph it next to a ruler....i looking for a little lathe project. Ill send ya some reproductions for your troubles 

Will do, and happy to do it. Gives me something to do other than watering tomatos. 

41 mins ago, bob_G said:

The oldest plug I own is one of Bob Pond's first plugs. It's one of his original first 400 plugs he made around 1946. 

It's a wooden swimmer, with a rudimentary mackerel finish. On the metal lip it's stamped "Bob Pond Plugs, Attleboro Ma". The amazing part is, it's never seen water. I found it hanging in the rafters of my mom's garage. I have no idea who put it there? But I'll bet it hung there 65 years.

I can post a photo if anyone's interested.

I'd love to see this plug

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

The oldest plug I own is one of Bob Pond's first plugs. It's one of his original first 400 plugs he made around 1946. 

It's a wooden swimmer, with a rudimentary mackerel finish. On the metal lip it's stamped "Bob Pond Plugs, Attleboro Ma". The amazing part is, it's never seen water. I found it hanging in the rafters of my mom's garage. I have no idea who put it there? But I'll bet it hung there 65 years.

would love to see it bob. Now if you only had the box for it.

2 hours ago, Vaporizor said:

Vaporizer,

I hope this helps. If you need another photo let me know.

IMG_20190813_124354.jpg

2 hours ago, b-ware said:

Polish style...………...a simple word for un-orthodox.

I like it...……………...

Lots  of guys back in the day fishen a swimmer plug would tie on backwards and use as a surface lure  when the fish started breaking on top.

I use to know the name...but had a brain fart an some memory went with it..but I do remember they came in green an red as well as along with the yellow.....I'll do some digging.

1 hour ago, gray gables said:

would love to see it bob. Now if you only had the box for it.

GG,

The plug is put away for safe keeping. I'll unpack it tonight and take photos tomorrow and post them for everyone's review. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here are a couple new in the package. It appears the original intent was not to used as a reverse but I guess you could use it as a reverse but the internal weight might make that difficult 

as Steve said more like a spook type lure

E89E0191-9316-453B-A55B-E0F40A16B787.jpeg

Edited by Roy C

16 mins ago, Roy C said:

Here are a couple new in the package. It appears the original intent was not to used as a reverse but I guess you could use it as a reverse but the internal weight might make that difficult 

as Steve said more like a spook type lure

E89E0191-9316-453B-A55B-E0F40A16B787.jpeg

Yup, that it.  Made in RI. Now you got me wondering. Did I buy them with the hooks reversed, or did I reverse the hooks?  That's something I would have done.

6 hours ago, bob_G said:

Vaporizer,

I hope this helps. If you need another photo let me know.

IMG_20190813_124354.jpg

Awesome, thank you. that should be good. Ill get started 

On 8/12/2019 at 2:19 PM, bob_G said:

Here's the mini reverse atom I was referring to in the squid thread. This plug is around 50 years old.  Keep in mind, this was not a Bob Pond plug. A very effective plug in it's time, even in spite of the screw eyes.

IMG_20190812_141249.jpg

Very cool Bob

9 hours ago, bob_G said:

Yes sure,