ASrod

Spinfisher VI question

11 posts in this topic

So a couple weeks ago I got the 4500bls. I’d like to do the handle upgrade like the one on the Slammer III. Which part would I need to order to do this upgrade? Just the bigger knob or the entire handle assembly?

order the whole handle assembly from penn.  the one I got for my 6500 was about $48 shipped.  it looks great and feels great.  not sure if its overkill on a 4500 though?

2 mins ago, srm413 said:

order the whole handle assembly from penn.  the one I got for my 6500 was about $48 shipped.  it looks great and feels great.  not sure if its overkill on a 4500 though?

Not sure if it’s overkill or not but I have huge hands and the little paddle knob feels like a q-tip :laugh:

31 mins ago, ASrod said:

So a couple weeks ago I got the 4500bls. I’d like to do the handle upgrade like the one on the Slammer III. Which part would I need to order to do this upgrade? Just the bigger knob or the entire handle assembly?

SSV4500 BLS or SSVI4500 BLS ? 

tony

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, PENN Fishing said:

SSV4500 BLS or SSVI4500 BLS ? 

tony

SSVI4500bls.. My bad.

Didn’t even realize that an SSV4500bls existed..

Edited by ASrod

Thanks, part # 1419071 15-SLA5500 Handle Assembly will fit your 4500.  Keep in mind the extra weight of the handle assembly could affect the rotor rotating during a cast. 

tony

I think that is the same size handle that goes with my 6500.  its a pretty big handle for a 4500, but you will love the grip.

14 hours ago, srm413 said:

I think that is the same size handle that goes with my 6500.  its a pretty big handle for a 4500, but you will love the grip.

Yeah... I’ve been fishing my VSX with a power knob since I got it and I love the grip.

15 hours ago, PENN Fishing said:

Thanks, part # 1419071 15-SLA5500 Handle Assembly will fit your 4500.  Keep in mind the extra weight of the handle assembly could affect the rotor rotating during a cast. 

tony

Thanks, Tony. I’ll see how it goes with the other assembly and if it really does affect the casting then I’ll just swap it back.

On 8/13/2019 at 5:52 AM, PENN Fishing said:

tony

I noticed my SSVI 4500bls rotating during a cast. Packing the housing with marine grease or making sure your handle is at the 6 o'clock position will make sure the rotor doesn't turn during a cast.