Max4

LED Fog / Driving Lights

14 posts in this topic

Have you guys switched from regular Fog Lights etc. to Fog LED lights ? Looking at switching mine and would greatly appreciate any recommendations etc. . They will NOT be used for the beach before things get started lol! Much thanks for your guys help as always !! MAX 

I upgraded my old tacoma - the new led bulbs were ridiculously bright. Maybe not even street legal bright. The new truck (tundra) came with them but I upgraded to rigid. A significant improvement. The tacoma bulbs came from the river site.

On 8/12/2019 at 7:14 AM, Drew C. said:

I upgraded my old tacoma - the new led bulbs were ridiculously bright. Maybe not even street legal bright. The new truck (tundra) came with them but I upgraded to rigid. A significant improvement. The tacoma bulbs came from the river site.

I was looking at a pair of Rigid LED Fog lights but told they were pricey ? Did you upgrade headlights or Fog Lights ? I am interested in switching from Hella to a LED pair of Fog and Driving lights to cut down on power draw to electrical system on battery etc. . Nobody seems to know much on LED Fog or Driving lights ? 

On 8/14/2019 at 3:23 PM, ChasingTales said:

I love diode dynamic led lights i have changed  almost all my lighting to leds. I haven't  messed  with the blikers do to needing  a resistor and i don't  want to splice it in.

Is this a brand name LED Light fixture ? Iam wanting to change my Hella Fog and Driving Light fixtures to LED Fixtures to save on power draw on electrical system . Any recommendations on that ? 

On 8/14/2019 at 3:51 PM, Drew C. said:

Blinkers are a pain in the ass. Not worth  it imho. 

I ahve also swapped all of the interiors to led. That’s a big improvement. 

That's helpful as the interior overhead light in my Cheby is very dull !! Once I get the exterior thing done that will be next !! Any recommendation on exterior fog and driving light fixture ? Looking to going from Hella regular Fog and Driving to LED ? 

44 mins ago, Max4 said:

Is this a brand name LED Light fixture ? Iam wanting to change my Hella Fog and Driving Light fixtures to LED Fixtures to save on power draw on electrical system . Any recommendations on that ? 

Diode dynamic  is an led light manufacturer. But check out there website  i know they have offroad light that might be what your looking for 

44 mins ago, Max4 said:

That's helpful as the interior overhead light in my Cheby is very dull !! Once I get the exterior thing done that will be next !! Any recommendation on exterior fog and driving light fixture ? Looking to going from Hella regular Fog and Driving to LED ? 

Check out Syneticusa for error free bliker lights

Baja Designs makes really great LED fog lights. The white ones with the lowest output are still a little too bright to use on the road, but if you get the yellow lens model, they might be ok. I went with the white on my truck and I can only use them when there aren't any other cars coming or going. 

10 hours ago, Max4 said:

I was looking at a pair of Rigid LED Fog lights but told they were pricey ? Did you upgrade headlights or Fog Lights ? I am interested in switching from Hella to a LED pair of Fog and Driving lights to cut down on power draw to electrical system on battery etc. . Nobody seems to know much on LED Fog or Driving lights ? 

I only upgraded to the rigid fogs and they weren’t cheap. The truck came with led headlight. Upgrading the is very expensive and not really worth it. 

Ps - you could certainly question even upgrading the fogs tho. 

8 hours ago, SoCalStripers said:

Baja Designs makes really great LED fog lights. The white ones with the lowest output are still a little too bright to use on the road, but if you get the yellow lens model, they might be ok. I went with the white on my truck and I can only use them when there aren't any other cars coming or going. 

This is not the definition of a fog lamp.

A fog lamp is designed to be used in fog,rain,low visibility conditions on road and not be a liability,hindrance to oncoming traffic.

Lamps described in this thread are not fog lamps.

7 hours ago, modelcitizen said:

This is not the definition of a fog lamp.

A fog lamp is designed to be used in fog,rain,low visibility conditions on road and not be a liability,hindrance to oncoming traffic.

Lamps described in this thread are not fog lamps.

Crazy not many know the difference. They might as well pit one of those ridiculous stupid ass light bars on the truck! 

22 hours ago, Max4 said:

I installed these Rigid  lights https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074TVQ4LQ/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To supplement my LED retrofit head lights on my Cherokee, made the world of difference driving to work during a blizzard a few years back.

Wait for Amazon Prime day to purchase, they were almost 1/2 normal price!