CCC Setup?

Rate this topic

Fishy4335

7 hours ago, ksong said:

I never recommend 9'6" Black Hole Striper 2 - 5 oz for jigging. That is purely plugging rods. For jigging only, many anglers use 10' and 11' Black Hole Surf II Heavy rod. For combination of plugging and jigging I recommend 10' and 11' Black Hole Striped Bass Special 2 oz - 8 oz rod.

'

It is an awesome plugging rod though!! 

19 hours ago, LIsurf631 said:

Yes I used 40 pound braid on multiple fish up to 30 pounds

I strongly advise you taking korkers

We didn’t use waders last week 

and yes lots of mosquitoes during dark hours

if you are planning to uses 5 oz jigs you need a heavier rod.

use big pencil poppers, all sizes of sebile swimmers and stick shads, large Mac color so minnows, I did well on big metal lips too. But the action was mostly top waters

I would also highly recommend bringing/using a bike as it makes fishing the canal much easier and ultimately more productive.

22 mins ago, TLap21 said:

You need a club to make sure you have more than a few feet between you and the muggers that come out of the woods as soon as you hook up.  Duh!  

I will have my 2 corsos with me..... nobody will come 50 yards of me on each side..... I mean they can if they want.... they do my dirty work

Edited by Fishy4335

I would just opt to stay home if i were you. Its no longer any fun down there. Youll be fishing with a bunch of out of towners that will act like they are regulars and talk about the 26 pound cow they caught yesterday morning in the "blitz" then they'll cross your line and try to fight you