CCC Setup?

Rate this topic

Fishy4335

hi Ian, hi buddy, any rod and reel will do, but from my experience at CCC, i firmly believe, "Smarter not Harder", me , myself, don't use any rods, less than 2-6, and fast, and FASTER, actions, reels, don't go under 40 in. of retrieve, tough of nails drag, the ZB-25, yes a great reel, but the retrieve, not that good, a inexpensive reel , i suggest to many , who are just starting out at CCC, is the Daiwa BG 6500, retail $130, 49 in.retrieve, 33lb. drag, solid built, can take a beating, PM me , let me know when you are up,,, i still have a couple trips,left in me.....

A beach is a place where a man can feel, he's the only soul in the world thats real ; A jetty is a place where a man feels, he must have a bucket full of eels.

5 mins ago, Fishy4335 said:

What lures should I bring I'll be there August 25-28 looking to fish dusk and dawn.... thanks... I am not a Novice angler by any means and I am a solo fisherman so not looking to blow up the place.... thanks

I will be there right after you.. 28th- 30th (let me know how you do!!). I am taking a TFO 9' 1-5oz with a VSX150 and a 11' Mojo 3-8oz with a 7500 Penn. Hoping to get away using the 9' but if it is crowded going to use the 11 foot. I am only taking large swimmers 7inch plus, 4-5oz jigs, and topwater pencils. 

Edited by cec127

13 hours ago, Fishy4335 said:

Would a 1-4 oz surf rod with a ZB 25 survive the canal?

No it would not. You need something rated around 3-8oz. My vsx 200 survived though. I didn’t get spooled w fish up to 30#

i used 40pound braid w 50pound leader 

Edited by LIsurf631