Delaware Permits-2020

Rate this topic

Russ498

I want to get a Delaware Beach Permit for the first time for next year.  Since the permits were sold out for 2019, does anyone know how the permits are going to be allocated for next year. Will current holders get first crack at the permits or will it be first come first served?

I got mine before fourth of July which is when permits sold out. It will be first come. The limit is 17,000, which sounds like a lot but probably more then half are from out of state.

Enforcement of the “actively  engaged in fishing”is becoming almost  abusive with my son in law down there last week asked to reel in his line to check for bait on hook twice in one day with bait on, only to have them come by an hour after the last reel in to give him a written warning for not being actively engaged in fishing, while he was helping my eight year old granddaughter  fish, his rod was in but not being watched! 

What  is more amazing is they were at at life guard station and there were only  three  other trucks in sight at that time. 

A dad on beach with family of four teaching his kid to fish, should be obvious ,after you have checked  twice  before on same day. Jason always fishes even now when fishing is not so good ,many people  just throw out a sinker and hang out, which is not a big deal to me .

The Park service has hired addtional  staff to enforce that rule, and boasted  many citations written, all with a fine! 

Yes I am wound up again, and a forty year member of the Delaware Mobile Fisherman, guess I’m sending an e-mail.

Just wanna fish!
DMS#1157    NCBBA#11293     NJBBA#4597

Yellow Eyed Devil from the beginning!

I should add, that there were surf permits stolen off trucks after the quota was met and permits stop being sold. Sooooo ,perhaps  the abusive enforcement is to see if they can catch people without matching paperwork to surf permit. You will have  to carry all the required  gear including wheel boards and shovel. Still doesn’t make the way they  treated my family right.

Just wanna fish!
DMS#1157    NCBBA#11293     NJBBA#4597

Yellow Eyed Devil from the beginning!