Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foxfai

USCG Excersice

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone here know what they were training for? Snap this cool pic of them hoovering 50 feet off the water. Didn't see much going on except they had lower a red flag thingy at one point.IMG_20190810_120242034.jpg.e8e66d73d34a9da28881beb310da2b5a.jpg

When I was offshore lobstering I'd see the same thing.  They would practice stationary hovering. Also saw them dropping CG swimmers practicing in water rescue and retrievals.

12 hours ago, bob_G said:

When I was offshore lobstering I'd see the same thing.  They would practice stationary hovering. Also saw them dropping CG swimmers practicing in water rescue and retrievals.

:howdy: routine training on rescues at sea by those who watch over us when we are out on the water . The United States Coast ever on watch 

At least once a week,  we get to see and hear them practice landing atop Mass. Gen. Hosp. at the MGH heliport.

Depending on wind direction they'll come in over the Charles or in over the City.   2-3 practice landings and their off and away .

Especially impressive to see come in and hover is their big yellow bird....MH 60 Jayhawk...….one beautiful looking piece of machinery......that is one huge bird up close..     

I hear them every now and then as they head offshore beyond Chatham bar bringing 

(the hand of God) to some poor soul offshore that would not have made it fifty years ago.

A very nice site when your out there. Avery nice sound when you hear them.