skeeters and EEE on the south shore

Rate this topic

19 mins ago, Tailslap said:

Last human case in Mass was 2013 I believe but that’s not to say we won’t have any this year. I live right near the hot zone.

So much for this. News said first human case in 6 years happened in Marion? I think.

• 3 weeks later...

A woman just died in Fairhaven. I believe it was the 4th confirmed case of EEE. I know it has been detected in Bourne and Woods Hole and as far as I'm aware there has been no spraying. Sections of Wareham have been sprayed twice.  

EEE has a 50% mortality rate. Most who survive will experience lifelong neurological effects. 

1 hour ago, Malsow said:

I think more should be done. The Cape has not been sprayed at all. Why risk it? That EEE is no joke.

Pesticides have a bullseye on their back just look at the massive law suits with the Roundup (glyphosate) claims. I think municipalities don't want to have the liability. I also think the voting public especially in woke MA are opposed to wide spread sprays. 

5 hours ago, Malsow said:

A woman just died in Fairhaven. I believe it was the 4th confirmed case of EEE. I know it has been detected in Bourne and Woods Hole and as far as I'm aware there has been no spraying. Sections of Wareham have been sprayed twice.  

EEE has a 50% mortality rate. Most who survive will experience lifelong neurological effects. 

her son in law  is a member here